Lets talk watering

• Thread starter Danoid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Danoid

Danoid

I grow organics now TLO style and in the past have done ebb & flow, DWC and top feed coco with GH 3part drain to waste. Before I went TLO I did semi-orgnic with Flora Nova in soiless. With the Flora Nova the plants responded better when I let them really dry out almost to wilt. Matter of fact I always had a test plant (sacrifice) that I would let go to wilt and adjust my watering schedule to that. But with this true organics the plants seem to do better when watered a little bit everyday and actually do worse when I let them dry out. All the other styles of growing I wasn't fighting Root Aphids so I don't know if thats having some effects. I have always read cannibis loves dry feet. What does everyone else do? Thanks for any input:fighting0003:

symbiote420

symbiote420

I never let my soil go totally dry, I keep it on the moist side not wet and I give my plants about 1/2 gallon every other day, but that's only because they're trees!

G

GrimloxK

I water my plants every 4-5 days right now at 8th week in flowering...how is your soils drying out so fast?

ttystikk

ttystikk

water until you get a little runoff, then let them dry until the pot is light, and repeat. I'm told the roots like to get dry to encourage growth so as to search for water.

R

racer207

i grow in dirt under a 400 cool tube and was away for a day or 4 and 3 plants started to wilt a good watering and they looked great in 8 hours

Danoid

Danoid

I am growing in hill billy smart pots (milk crate with landscape fabric) and I was letting them dryout until the pot was lite. This method has worked for me on all styles(when applicable) of grows in the past. But with these smart pots and a micro life rich (top dressing organics) coco mulch layer top and bottom of the pot. I have noticed the plants seemed to respond better to daily watering of about a quart of water. I run a pretty fast mix with about 20-25% perlite so I was watering every 4-5 days anyways with 40% humidity. My issues may be I am trying to get hydro yeild in soiless and am just pushing my nutes to heavy. I do love organics just trying to figure it out for maximum yeild. Thanks for all the advice.

putembk

putembk

I am in 5gal pots and wait until the pot is light when I pick it up. I water until I get runoff and sometimes p/h it just to make sure it's ok. With lower plant counts now in Colo I am growing bigger plants in order to get max yield. However, I am confused by some of you saying you water every 4 or 5 days.
Maybe in veg but when my girls get bigger they suck down the h2o. I have to water every other day and give approximately 96 oz to get runoff. I am using a mix of sunshine 4 and perlite. I know this sounds like a lot of water but thats what they use.

symbiote420

symbiote420

I am in 5gal pots and wait until the pot is light when I pick it up. I water until I get runoff and sometimes p/h it just to make sure it's ok. With lower plant counts now in Colo I am growing bigger plants in order to get max yield. However, I am confused by some of you saying you water every 4 or 5 days.
Maybe in veg but when my girls get bigger they suck down the h2o. I have to water every other day and give approximately 96 oz to get runoff. I am using a mix of sunshine 4 and perlite. I know this sounds like a lot of water but thats what they use.

Ditto bro, I grow giants giving them anywhere from a 1/2 gal to a gallon and they suck the water down quickly especially my Larry OG, she's a thristy beyotch!

philly kush

philly kush

My ladies r in soil and the girls on the flowering side seem ta suck down what ever i give them.A good healthy feeding leeds 2 plumpalicious nugs!:

hiheelz ngarden

hiheelz ngarden

However, I am confused by some of you saying you water every 4 or 5 days.

I agree with putembk! I grow in 5 gal smart pots with royal gold basement mix. After my second week of flower I am watering every other day. Then about two weeks later, (4 weeks in flower) I water everyday!
I live in a wet climate!
This last run I let things get to dry. The totals will show a diffence I can already tell.
You want the pot to be light but not to light. If you want a drink you can go it. Let them be able to do the same!
I hope this helps! I am new to the farm but not in gardening.

Top Bottom