level of heat off a 150w sodium/halide bulb

• Thread starter irish red
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

irish red

my grow room is 1.5m hight 3ftx2.5ft i am useing cfls at the mo.dont know if i like them yet will know at the end of this grow depending on bud size. thinking of swithing to a 150w sodium or halide set up. my Q is wats the heat like of 1 of these bulbs would it be the same as 2 150w cfls if so great the temp in my room with the cfls is around 25 27. would 1 sodium or halide bulb b all the light needed for 4 autoflowering plants.so just to be clear my question is wats the heat like of a sodium or halide bulb. please respound as i never get any feed back on my questions.thanks a million:)

S

spider125

Yeah would be some nice info to have. Does anyone have any kind of info for the amount of heat that comes off all diff lights? Maybe have a bunch of farmers test out the their rooms with no fans running to see how hot each light is. Be interesting to know thats for sure.

O

ookiimata

You can use a 150 HPS in that size cab. They don't put off that much heat. I'm using a 150/175/250 digital ballast in a similar size cab, and the 150 temps are fine. Going higher wattage will require more ventilation, but is reasonable.

EDIT: Haven't grown in the box yet, just measured the temps with the 150 bulb in it and they are only a couple degrees above ambient.

Latest posts

Top Bottom