Level of ozone to kill pests??

• Thread starter bobby34
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bobby34

Does any one know if there is a calculation i can use to work out how long to set a shockzone ozone machine for!. The thing kicks out 5 grams of o3 an hour!. Im trying to waste thrips which ive had in the room for around 3 cycles now. Ive tried every known spray, bleached full room and srubbed but the feckers still come back!.

Ive also been told levels of co2 at 12000ppm will kill them but you need the burner out side of the room as at that level the flame will be extinguished due to the lack of oxygen. I dont have co2 yet so thats a no go!

Any ideas much appreciated

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

Thrips are backstreet boys.

Capt jacks. Caps foliar, Bauer, rosemary and cinnamon and peppermint. All work wonders.

What sprays and stuff have you used??? Mate not applying correctly?? Serious I laugh at thrips they are nothing. You should too.

You sure they're thrips?? Got the squiggles? Any pics?

Ozone is the wrong way.

B

bobby34

Yeah 100% there thrips dude!. Ive got the tell tale silvery slug trails and the black fecal dots. Plus i go round and try and kill all the larve i see with my fingers!. Ive used mighty wash, pest off trigger spray and a few others i cant remember!. Then after a few days i load my room up with predator mites amblyseius cucumeris!. This seemed to work. Mightywash was the best!. But then the twats came back next crop! So i did the same but on the wash down after i fortefogged the room with smoke bombs aswell!. But alas there back again with proper vengance this time!.

So you wouldnt recommend ozone then??

green punk

green punk

I ve had them a few times. Use a Spinosad product, cover all leaf surfaces and spray soil. Every 3 days, for a week or so. Make sure you are killing all on the plants and on the soil surface. Thrips will get into new growth leaf clusters and hide from normal sprays.
As far as ozone crank it up all the way and let the room sit empty for 3 days w it running. At 5 grams per hour that could kill any thing ( you and your plants). Mine maxes out at 320 mg per hour and that will take you breath away in a 14 x 16 room.

B

bobby34

Yeah i was planning on setting it on a grasslan timer once the room was empty and just letting it rip for an hour every 12 hours for a couple of days. I wont be going near it while its on!. Im about to totally rip out my old DWC system and go full UC so wanna get these little bastards eliminated for good first!. Was a little worried about the fact O3 can damage plastics and rubber!. Would you know if there is an amount of ozone per M2 that would be sufficient to wipe out these little gits??

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

Pretty sure thrips go into the top layer of soil to reproduce or can... You're drenching too right??

B

bobby34

Im in DWC, Hydroton pebbles. But these things are coming back even after ive totally cut the plants down and cleaned the shit out of every thing!. Ive read they have a short life and breeding cycle so they must be in the nooks and crannies of the room perhaps?? Thats why i was thinking ozone might do the trick??

Top Bottom