LF - Good Creap Organic Soil.

• Thread starter TheAngryCook
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TheAngryCook

LF - Good Cheap Organic Soil.

anyone know of a good cheap Organic Soil. I'm trying to stay away form the $20+ a bag stuff.

T

TheAngryCook

LF = Lookin For and looks like i misspelled cheap, hahahaha wow that's some good smoke

Whippleschnitz

Whippleschnitz

I don't know if you have found what you were looking for but I can find bags of Roots Organic soil for less than $15. YMMV. Best deal I've seen on quality packaged soils. Or you can find bales of ProMix that work out fairly cheap per cu. ft.

waayne

waayne

Mix 1 part perlite,1 part peat,2 parts Roots Organic,and a little dolomite lime,makes a nice inexpensive mix.
Add more Roots if you are growing heavy feeders:passingjoint:

D

dican01

roots organics and fox farm should be under 20 a bag. i have never seen soil over 20 a bag. it really depends on where you live. shipping soil is expensive so try to find a somewhat local company. here on the west coast it is either roots or fox farm in my opinion.

T

TheAngryCook

yeah thats what they charge here also 24$ for 1.5cf bag.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'd start shopping for a good, locally made brand, then. Ask at a better local place, maybe they'll let you get a look at a sample of the soil or have a recommendation themselves.

Here in the Sierra I use Gardener & Bloom. Or, at least I was using it til I switched to topsoil for the large plantings and coco/hempy for everything that's potted. I pay about $7/bag for the G&B Potting mix, which comes amended with many goodies, including mycorrhizae. I never get splinters from it, either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom