Lf: Seed Recommendation (first Timer, Small Grow)

• Thread starter BGBlue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BGBlue

Hi guys & gals,

So, I'm setting up my first grow, and I'm starting to look at genetics/seeds.

I'd like to buy from "The Farm" but I'm new and a bit overwhelmed.

Will you recommend a good strain from here that you feel would fit my space and needs?

Here is what I have going on:
The Strain:
-should be good for anxiety.
-Some strains make me feel very anxious/paranoid. So, I'd like to avoid those
-I don't want it to put me to bed
-beginner friendly, but nice yield
-will be running COB LED
-tent dimensions are about 2ft x 3 ft x 4.5 ft
-beautiful full looking plant. :)

I looked on the net at some mainstream strains and Northern Lights, and Jack Herer looked appealing from what a beginner grow site said. One of my favorite strains back in the day was God's Gift, but a lot may have been the name. And lastly, edibles are my preferred way to medicate.

HIGHTEST

HIGHTEST

I like bog gear, sour bubble. golden lion is always fun to grow too.

B

BGBlue

From Bog I'm checking out the Blue Moon Rocks for the blue moon and

From Golden Lion: Hemperor. Jack Herer x Very Berry Haze. JH is supposed to be good for beginners.

ROC seeds grapes x Sk x NL5 has two strains in it, Sk and NL5 that are both supposedly beginner friendly.

420circuit

420circuit

Blueberry has been a favorite both to grow and smoke. Going to make into edible capsules blended with coconut oil, like with most strains that I grow. Taking the caps daily for the last few years, have a nice recipe for caps if you are interested in getting serious about edibles. Sativas can sure cause the noids, maybe stick to indicas like Northern Lights, Blueberry or a kush. What climate are you growing in?

B

BGBlue

@420circuit
I'm very interested in your recipe for the caps and all other edible knowledge. Edibles is my favorite way to medicate. So, please do share:) I'd love to have some of that knowledge

I'll be growing indoors, but I'll be in a so-cal climate. I'd say it's temperate here but can get hot in the summer. My place has AC so that's good. Also my space is limited. I'm just getting started so I had to get something that fit in my closet. 2ft x 3ft x 4.5ft So I'll have to flower early or get short plants, ScrOG, or SOG. I'll probably just do a little trimming first go as I get my feet wet.

Funny that Sativa's can cause the "noids." It used to be my favorite type, but oh man... I would get so paranoid:eek: some times, so that sort of explains all that... I was into the wrong strain. The thing is I didn't like getting sleepy and most of the indicas I had tried made me a tad groggy:confused:.

Another plus about edibles is I can mix and match strains to get the combo I want. I like to view it as making a good mixed drink :)

420circuit

420circuit

This is how I do edibles, quite a nice step up from the old days of butter and brownies. This might be a bit much for recreational purposes, I do it as a medical thing, but do enjoy the effects and had to use a method that was "dosable" safe enough to make at home, non-toxic and be a good solid dose of THC, CBD and some of the other compounds in cannabis. This is an ethanol extraction done with Everclear.

View attachment Cannabis Oil minimized.pdf

Latest posts

Top Bottom