chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
From the Gazette

License deadline nears for medical marijuana businesses
DANIEL CHACÓN
09/28/2011 9:42 AM
Colorado Springs police will start to crack down on medical marijuana businesses that fail to apply for a business license with the City Clerk’s Office by Friday’s deadline.

The City Council unanimously agreed Tuesday to direct police to begin enforcement Oct. 1.

“They will be treated like any other illegal marijuana grow operation that we investigate,” Cmdr. Thor Eells of the Metro Vice, Narcotics and Intelligence Division told council members. “Same process, same protocol.”

Medical marijuana businesses that pre-registered with the city by June 30 are required to apply for a business license by Friday. A business that fails to submit an application will be in noncompliance and deemed to be operating illegally if they keep their doors open.

There is no grace period for submitting an application.

Interim City Clerk Cindy Conway said the city will give applicants who meet Friday’s deadline 10 days to fix deficiencies in their applications. But the applications must be “substantially completed,” she said.

So far, the city has received about 25 applications. More than 180 businesses pre-registered with the city, although some businesses have closed.

Still, others may wait until the last minute to apply.

”That’s a lot of applications in three days,” Councilwoman Brandy Williams said.

The City Clerk’s Office said it notified every business that pre-registered of the looming deadline.

Earlier this month, industry advocates said businesses would probably wait until the very end to submit their applications because of the costs.

There’s a $2,200 application fee. Once approved, business owners must pay for whatever licenses apply to them. For example, the owner of a single medical marijuana dispensary will pay, at a minimum, $1,800 for a center license fee, plus $1,800 for an optional premises cultivation license fee.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
So they have only recieved 25 of the 180 so far.....lol....Monday should be a real scream down in the Springs.

I thought you had to have the city business liscense in hand before even applying to the state...if they don't have it they are already out of state compliance..

Tex

eyecandi

eyecandi

yesterday the State informed us that they are not processing the State Licenses until the City(s) have issued theirs. City of Denver informed that they are WAY behind in the process .... so this could stretch out for MONTHS more .....

S

SoCoMMJ

So they have only recieved 25 of the 180 so far.....lol....Monday should be a real scream down in the Springs.

I thought you had to have the city business liscense in hand before even applying to the state...if they don't have it they are already out of state compliance..Tex

There haven't been 180 Dispensaries down here for a long time...

You had to have a city pre-application form and fee paid in order to apply for the state application. That was another $1000 before the $2200 they got this week.

I would be surprised if the final number of applications received is over 50.

But yeah, if you have a commercial grow or dispensary down here and don't have your proof of application the place had better be cleaned out by Friday Night.

I have no doubt that VNI is sportin' a woody down here ready to play army against anybody that didn't get their application submitted.

Be safe... They know where ALL the grows are. They flew FLIR for 4 hours over this town when they did the Beacon street raids.

If you don't have a red card for <6, a registered caregiver grow for <30, or all your papers for an MMC/OPC you should probably be a little nervous now.

D

DoobyScoo

Has there really ever been 180 retail outlets in the Springs?
Really?

Top count in Denver was 300+.
I dun seen a map one time.

S

SoCoMMJ

Has there really ever been 180 retail outlets in the Springs?
Really?

Top count in Denver was 300+.
I dun seen a map one time.

I think 176 was the number that paid the pre application fee way back. for the $500 city pre application fee you could buy a few more months of business before you had to do the state app. A good portion of those never did the state ap, or even intended to.

More and more are getting tired of the crap and just going under[ground].

S

SensiCO

There are currently 110 +/- MMCs in COS. Surprisingly this number has not changed much in the last 9 months.

I think the 180 # comes from MMCs + OGPs + MIPS.

Top Bottom