Licensed Grow 3k+ - 24/7 Steaming Webcam

• Thread starter end user
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

end user

This is my friends licensed medical garden where I set up a 24/7 webcam. Currently Jan 2011 its 4 weeks into flower.

http://www.medicalcanna.com (Lights on 5pm PST - 5AM PST)

Set up

Bubba Kush x 15 (he just got a increase so the room will get much more crowded with plants)

DR 240
2x Lumatek 1000w
1x Lightenergy 1000w
Matador Co2 controller
Co2 Bottle
Hydrotek air cooled tubes.
2x 6" vortex fans (1 for air cooled lights, 1 for room filtering)
Hilite 4 light timer board.
Flame Defender
10 gal pots
Pro Mix HP

Food
GH Nova
Kool Bloom Liquid/Dry
Pro Guard
Cal Max
NutriBoost
Benefox

Video/Photos

Licensed grow 3k   247 steaming webcam

[YOUTUBE]3sMcJSL5ugQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Su63gLjzcuw[/YOUTUBE]

Any more questions just ask.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

did you take any safety measures when doing your website
they can track your ip
really want to do this for myself but worried
any info for me on bouncing ip's?
not really a thc question but still kinda grow related
i want to be able to check ph and ppms without leaving my house

M

mdTHC420

its in canada, see it being a lil less of a problem for him there than here in the states.

E

end user

did you take any safety measures when doing your website
they can track your ip
really want to do this for myself but worried
any info for me on bouncing ip's?
not really a thc question but still kinda grow related
i want to be able to check ph and ppms without leaving my house

Well this is a legaly licensed grow in Canada so not too worried. Where not doing anything illegal.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

yea so am i but i really comes down to weither cops in your area respect state laws. our dea does not

P

paulycali

True! Its not like health canada will steal your crop but licensed health canada gardens have been robbed before. Whats scary is hackers i believe can trace your IP Address and find out where you live which in turn could lead them to the grow. You never know. I like the 24/7 thing bit theres gotta be a safer way to keep an eye on your garden. Anyway good luck on the grow and always i mean always have yourself a happy growing of a day

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
yes this could be a location security issue

clean tent setup

420Gator

420Gator

this is why everyone should steal their neighbors wifi, if theyre close enuff

Papa

Papa

Supporter
eu, you've only got to be concerned if your postal code is h7w1k6.

Screen_shot_2008-01-07_at_7_07_21_PM.png

seriously, i think we can only easily get it down to your ISP's location. but if i were you, i'd learn everything about how you might mask the locale before dangling that carrot out there.

and i love watching the feed!

Papa

U

UCtestn

I like it, but I don't think I would ever make my video feed public.

E

end user

yea so am i but i really comes down to weither cops in your area respect state laws. our dea does not

Doesn't matter if the cops come in. Once they see the license on the wall they got nothing. If they do force it down they're just opening a can a legal worms.

E

end user

True! Its not like health canada will steal your crop but licensed health canada gardens have been robbed before. Whats scary is hackers i believe can trace your IP Address and find out where you live which in turn could lead them to the grow. You never know. I like the 24/7 thing bit theres gotta be a safer way to keep an eye on your garden. Anyway good luck on the grow and always i mean always have yourself a happy growing of a day

Seriously if they manage to hack the streaming server then trace the IP and then somehow manage to infiltrate my ISP's internal servers to find out the address that is associated with the IP then they can come and get it.

E

end user

eu, you've only got to be concerned if your postal code is h7w1k6.

Screen_shot_2008-01-07_at_7_07_21_PM.png

seriously, i think we can only easily get it down to your ISP's location. but if i were you, i'd learn everything about how you might mask the locale before dangling that carrot out there.

and i love watching the feed!

Papa

Thats Montreal where my website is located which is a data center not where the stream server is or nowhere near where the stream originates from.

You have a better chance of someone getting into THCFarmer forum software and get peoples IP's o here then someone finding out where the medical garden is.

J

jakew215

yeah the internet is huge. i kinda dont think the cops are sifting through millions of threads looking for grow ops.

are there any busts that have been tied to someone posting there grow on the internet? like internet news reports or anything? ive never seen any proof of cops actually going on here to bust people. its like local cops arent gonna have much luck finding grow ops on the internet in their jurisdiction. then DEA or the "feds" they really have bigger fish to fry then 98% of us.

this is all my opinion of course.

everyone has a point about jackers though, thieves can do crazy things.

G

greenums

what kind of webcam are you using? mine gets washed out by the hps. i was asking about this in photography help thread but nobody is in there or something :)

E

end user

what kind of webcam are you using? mine gets washed out by the hps. i was asking about this in photography help thread but nobody is in there or something :)

Also here a run down of what I had to do to the web cam in order for it to not get washed out but the HID lights.

Ok so here's the work around I got going for the web cam washing out because of the bright lights.

The parts that I used were.

Logitch Quick cam ($35) http://www.logitech.com/en-us/notebo...s/devices/5865 I took it apart and deatched the mount so it was just the cam ball.

Hampton Bay Single Track Head Light (sku 672 050) ($8) but you can use several others in any style. I had to gut the head light, file down some of the metal and then push in the webcam ball.

Cokin 52mm adapter (I think you could also use the Cokin universal apater ring that has screws in it the you use to mount to any lens. I only saw it after I made my contraption. So when I get a nice webcam I'll go this route. This adapter fits right into the light holder and screws in with some pressure. Its in there for good.

Cokin P filter holder. You could also probably use the A series system which would be cheaper but I already had some of the parts for my DSLR and needed a quick fix. This is the A system http://www.cokin.fr/ico15/ico15-haut.html?=#a

Cokin ND filter (I have a regular ND and a Gradual ND filter)

Also since my old notebook went to shit so I also got a super cheap Emachines netbook from walmart for $198!! CDN. This is actually an Acer One re-branded as E Machines. If you need a netbook get this one. Can't beat the price.

So here are the results.

The images without filter and with filter.

cheese_01.png

cheese_02.png

Now here's what the webcam looks like

With adapter ring

adapter_01.jpg

adapter_02.jpg

adapter_03.jpg

adapter_04.jpg

LBH

LBH

I also use a logitech but not sure of the model # (dark in there right now) but I got no wash out with it. I had bars but added a simple 100w incandescent just above and in front of it, did the trick w/ the bars.

Don't be fooled though, you are easily located. My girl is an I.T. director for a major utility company here in New England and does very little hands on anymore but she was able to sit down, tap a few keys and then show me the grow house on a map. I still use the cam for security but be careful making the feed public, not because of the law, I'm legal too, but thieves can track you and really rain on your parade (which is one beautiful parade, looks great dude)

Latest posts

Top Bottom