Life Sentence For Possession Of Marijuana.

• Thread starter Storm Raven
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Storm Raven

Storm Raven

As y'all are aware I served 6 years in an Alabama prison as a first time offender for growing medical marijuana to treat my PTSD and chronic pain I got serving my country 6 times in combat during my 21 years of service. However, while I was in prison I met a guy serving a life sentence for a roach in his ashtray. I did not believe him until he showed me his paperwork. Granted he had prior felonies but had served his time for this and was not on probation or parole when one night he rolls up on a license check. The cops see this guy has prior felonies so they search his car and find one roach in his ashtray and arrested him. The end result he was given a life sentence. Keep in mind this is a state whose prison population is at 200% capacity and the state is asking for a tax increase to fund the prison system. The state of Alabama is under threat of a federal take over of its prison system. This injustice must end. We as citizens have to draw a line in the sand and just say no to an oppressive government war on weed.

I looked online and found this is not that unusual in the United States and that there are far more people serving unreal sentences for marijuana possession. Do any of you know anyone serving an unrealistic sentence for weed?

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Didn't spend much time. I got totally fucked on a Marijuana charge. First offense, 29.5 grams. Felon.
I was begging to do time in jail to not have a Felony on my record. Instead, I got a whopping 10 days in the county jail and 3 years of bench probation.
I fully bent over and got finger fucked.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Free to grow in CO. Wash etc but punishable with jail in my state ...

I'm so confused ...
I used to loose sleep over a worse case scenario until I came to terms with the injustice that one can make a living doing what I love but fear in the same country . something just doesn't sit well with that .
I do worry about the people that depend on me but my love for growing is just 2 strong . I would choose growing over smoking if faced with the dilemma

Most if not all people that are doing life are 3 strike people and while growing or smoking cannabis shouldt even be a crime but if you have 2 strikes you need to be real smart about what you do and where you go imho

burn4me

burn4me

I served a 5 piece for possession. But at first was offered 34 years. Weed combined with firearms (which I had foid card) and the money in my safe. They automatically charged me with armed violence, which in my state is up there with murder. It was my first offence!

Storm Raven

Storm Raven

Most if not all people that are doing life are 3 strike people and while growing or smoking cannabis shouldt even be a crime but if you have 2 strikes you need to be real smart about what you do and where you go imho

I agree, however, in Alabama they do things like this: They catch you with 4 joints. Simple possession and as a first time offender its a misdemeanor. But the DA is running for office and wants to show he is tough on drugs so they treat each joint as a separate offense. Joint # 1 misdemeanor, joints 2, 3, and 4are thee separate felonies and BAM three strikes and its a life sentence. Or they treat each one as a separate crime and give you 10 years per joint and run it wild so you spent 30 years in prison for 4 joints.

They can also say since you had 4 separately rolled you intended to sell it so they slap a distribution charge on you in addition to the possession charges.

WELCOME TO ALABAMA!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
One of my sons got nailed on a drug charge. Because he kept testing + for weed while on probation, he's now a registered drug offender. It has made finding work pretty much impossible. And the thing is that, while the drugs he was found with are indeed controlled, he's never hurt a soul and all he kept getting caught for was weed. Every time he comes out he's got another tattoo. I don't get it, it's hard to see/watch.

Top Bottom