• Start date
  • Tagged users None
gumby420

gumby420

Light bleaching im lost
Light bleaching im lost 2
Light bleaching im lost 3
Well hello fellow farmers.
Luckily it's been a few years since I've had to make a post in the infirmary. Unfortunately the time has come. I transplanted some super healthy plants that were vegged out for about a month in solo cups. They are now in 10gal fabric pots.
Medium is a mix of happyfrog soil and 50/50 cloud coir coco/perlite. They've been transplanted for about a week and are not looking any better. I usually only have a day or two of transplant stress. The ONLY thing I've change this round is my water.
My ro filter is currently broken so I've been using tap water that sits with air stones bubbling for 48hours to get out any chlorine.
Any suggestions? I've used my scope and see no bugs, my ph is around 6. Where it always is. I've never seen this before so it's freaking me out. It's only on 2 out of 15 plants. Temps are right around 75-80. Humidity is a little low around 30-40 but never had an issue. Any input is appreciated. Thanks​

gumby420

gumby420

Also for the first two watering I used no nutrients other than what's in the happyfrog plus the minerals in the tap water. So I know it's not nute burn

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

ph swing maybe look under watered but soil looks wet some times over watering can make them droop aswell

gumby420

gumby420

ph swing maybe look under watered but soil looks wet some times over watering can make them droop aswell
PH swing could be possible but it's only on two plants...the only reason I went to light bleaching was because the two that have it are getting the most direct light. I don't think it's watering, they were watered just before this picture so that's why they look wet. They're dropping like that but not the no water limp droop, it's sort of a stiff droop

gumby420

gumby420

They've looked the exact same since the day after I transplanted other than the almost white color showing up. I usually get that droop as what I've considered transplant shock for a few days. But I'm going on just over a week now and don't seem to be recovering. I have noticed new growth though so they're at least rooting in the new pot

gumby420

gumby420

Maybe these are just taking a while to recover?? I did have them vegged out way too big for Solo cups. Maybe between switching rooms and being under t5s then to my flower room that's hps/mh and switching to such larger containers they got more stressed than usual... I'm just thinking out loud

gumby420

gumby420

That's the whole room. Normally this strain is a fucking bush but I think the solo cup veg messed with them.
IMG 2817

gumby420

gumby420

did u break up the root ball when trans planting?
No I didn't. I never have. I knocked off excess medium same as always but that's it. Breaking open the rootball would be tearing apart tons of roots. I assume that would be a bad thing. Since they were in solo cups for so long it was basically one giant solo cup shaped root, super super dense.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

you would think that but u need to break up the root ball so the roots have to unlock per say when ever I take out of solo cup I take the mass in pull it a part

try this give them a tug see if the roots seem to take a hole or see If it still is in the form of solo cup I had a blue dream I had this happen on it got root bound 3g to 8 g I did not break up the root mass and it just died out in about a week after it died I gave it a tug the same root ball came out the same way they came in

and by what u said it was one huge hard mass I bet them root did not take

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Tinder is correct in his observations. Anytime you are severally rootbound which you were, you need to do what my master gardener guru calls "Tickling the Roots" You dont have to tear the rootball apart but gently loosen the rootball so they take and spread in their new home. Severely rootbound plants can experience girdling, circling and locked up leaders. Gently loosening the rootball will allow them to break out of the forced compact form they have taken from being in the solo cups too long.

Too late now and a lesson learned. They may break out over time so don't give up. It just may take a lot longer.

I have actually had diminished yields as well before I learned about tickling. By the end of flower when I harvested the root ball was still the same size as the solo cup rootball and they never did branch or reach out. I saw this evidence when I was recycling my soil. Was in 6 gall pots and that hard packed little solo cup rootball was sitting right in the middle of all that soil and never did grow out. Plants spent all of flower stressed due to being rootbound.

Tickle them roots man they will love you for it!!!

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

Tinder is correct in his observations. Anytime you are severally rootbound which you were, you need to do what my master gardener guru calls "Tickling the Roots" You dont have to tear the rootball apart but gently loosen the rootball so they take and spread in their new home. Severely rootbound plants can experience girdling, circling and locked up leaders. Gently loosening the rootball will allow them to break out of the forced compact form they have taken from being in the solo cups too long.

Too late now and a lesson learned. They may break out over time so don't give up. It just may take a lot longer.

I have actually had diminished yields as well before I learned about tickling. By the end of flower when I harvested the root ball was still the same size as the solo cup rootball and they never did branch or reach out. I saw this evidence when I was recycling my soil. Was in 6 gall pots and that hard packed little solo cup rootball was sitting right in the middle of all that soil and never did grow out. Plants spent all of flower stressed due to being rootbound.

Tickle them roots man they will love you for it!!!

just like my blue dream was the damnest thing and its miss I need a new pic or something lool

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
just like my blue dream was the damnest thing and its miss I need a new pic or something lool
Oh thats right. Up in here wwe are a pics or it didnt happen scene. Well I'll be fuk&## I aint got no pics so I guess it didn't:p:cool::smoking: happen.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
if he grew them that big in a solo cup very nice lol but them roots I bet would b a rock
yea thats pretty much what I got out of what he said.......... We dont stop learnin till they throw that last shovel of dirt in our hole so we all gots lots of learnin left..... LOL Good to see you tinder , Can I ask you something??? Gonna anyway...... :D What was the thinking when you picked your handle ?? .... "tinderthumbs". Always wondered if there was something to it. Peace out man.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

ok well as u can see I don't spell well I do ish just type to fast and most times super blazed so this is how it happened

dab hit after dab I found this place and I wanted my name to be tender as in soft loving touch but ended up with tinder as in fire starter which as u can see im all ways fucking something up having to put out lil fires then thumb as in green thumb for growing so should of read tenderthumbs aka love touch growing lol I tried to get a admin to changed it but no one could at that time how ever long ago that was

gumby420

gumby420

if he grew them that big in a solo cup very nice lol but them roots I bet would b a rock
Ya man I've been more on the extraction side the past few years and unfortunately my gardens have lost priority. I always went from solo cup into 1 or 2gal pots then into the final pots. I got lazy and let them veg waaaay too long in the cups. I'm guessing that's what it is, that was my initial thought.
I am seeing new growth...so that's a good sign correct? They wouldn't be growing if the root system was dead.
Thanks for the help guys.

gumby420

gumby420

You think any root stimulators would work? Should I give that a try? Like bio root or bushdoctor? I'm already planning on a compost tea for my next watering that had some bennies in it for root development

Latest posts

Top Bottom