Light bleaching?

• Thread starter TheNman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TheNman

Greetings all!

Alright, so i've got 2 new 600 air cooled digitals in my room. The ladies in question are some 4 weeks into flowering and almost 2ft tall bushes.
Nice and green.... and white and frosty! ;)
The temps below the lights are fine.... i can move my hand 5" closer to the bulb before my hand even starts getting too hot.

The thing is, some of my tops are yellowing.
You can clearly see that the yellowing is just under the bulbs.

I'm guessing this is some kinda light bleaching, yet i've read that's usually due to a transition to too much light too quickly; these ladies are well situated.

I've always been under the assumption that heat from the bulb aside, you should get those tops as close to the light as possible.

Am i to assume i've been incorrect?

Now since i'm still iffy about posting pics, i'm gonna repeat myself for clarity.
1)It's not the heat, i've grown enough to know how hot is too hot.... these ladies have it good!
2)Nutes are not an issue, everything else is a nice forest green. They're actually now 300ppm higher than previous grows of this strain, under the old 1000.
3)The closest tops are still 8-10" away from the cooltube.

I've moved my lights farther away twice now, yet it seems to be continuing.... no new green grown, just yellowing and near white.

Any thoughts?

T

TheNman

could be lockout due to overfert ??

Nope.
I always make sure they're a little light in the leaves.
I was caught off guard with the nute increase and had bad yellowing for the first week fter transplanting, as i slowly increased the ppm by like 50-60 at a time.

By the time they were happy, i was 200ppm over normal.

More light = more nute absorption.

Top Bottom