Light Burn or Nutrient Burn

• Thread starter drinkingcoffeeinmaine
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
drinkingcoffeeinmaine

drinkingcoffeeinmaine

Any help is appreciated.
I haven't fed my plants for a bit, as a couple weeks ago I noticed some clawing of the leaves.
I let them dry out and worked on getting watering more dialed, as some thoughts on this forum thought the issue could have been a watering problem as well as hot soil. I haven't used liquid fertilizer and relied on amending the soil at the outset, which I was a little heaving handed with, for sure.
I put the littlest bit of fishbone meal (like barely any) on the top 2 weeks ago, but other than that its been water - besides trifecta and captain jacks to address some munching on the leaves (thinking thrips based on damage).
Noticed burns on new growth today, pretty much every plant.
Realized I hadn't raised the lights so I am wondering if its light burn.
If it is lite burn, I was wondering how, along with lifting the lites, if there is anything to be done to address it.
A5105035-FC69-4228-AD9B-EF2DD0741458.jpeg

FistingNuns

FistingNuns

It's not light burn. It's nutrient burn its on the new growth not just at the top but on the lower new growth.

drinkingcoffeeinmaine

drinkingcoffeeinmaine

It's not light burn. It's nutrient burn its on the new growth not just at the top but on the lower new growth.
Thanks, I was afraid that was the case.
Do you have any thoughts why it would happen if I hadn't been feeding the plants.

FistingNuns

FistingNuns

You posted about having hot soil. With organics it doesn't show up right away like synthetics. That is not light burn.

drinkingcoffeeinmaine

drinkingcoffeeinmaine

I made a thread about my strawberry cola. It's grown in rockwool. Look at the photo's It has some nutrient burn tips. My light is hps 10 inches away not light burn.
Thanks, I appreciate it.
Not much can be done I am assuming. I flushed pretty hard a couple weeks ago.

Top Bottom