Light burn, should I harvest?

• Thread starter Weedbro95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Weedbro95

Weedbro95

So I vegged too long and my two plants in 7gal coco are 6-8 inches away from my 315w cmh light. I have obvious light burn on the tops and some pistils are turning white. Should I just harvest the light burned ones and do the rest later? Here’s some pics to show.
Thanks for any help on this!

Light burn should i harvest
Light burn should i harvest 2
Light burn should i harvest 3
Light burn should i harvest 4
Light burn should i harvest 5
Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I have only ever had 1 crop with significant light burn/bleaching. The nugs that were burned were harder to sell so I kept them for my personal smoke. Super smooth smoke in my opinion. Just as potent as the non burned nugs. I would just leave them on till I harvested the rest of the plant.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
They will be a little funky looking/deformed, but they will be OK as long as you can keep them away from the lights if possible. Can you bend them away? Depending on the time left to harvest, you might get them to start growing horizontally. Looking good... keep up the great work.

Weedbro95

Weedbro95

I got no room to move the lights up they are already at the ceiling haha. And bending just isn’t gonna work cause I already did that too. But thanks for the replies, so if I can’t move em what should I do?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I got no room to move the lights up they are already at the ceiling haha. And bending just isn’t gonna work cause I already did that too. But thanks for the replies, so if I can’t move em what should I do?
dropped the hours by 2, to 10 hours on, how many weeks left? they have probably stopped growing at this point.

02trueblue

02trueblue

I have only ever had 1 crop with significant light burn/bleaching. The nugs that were burned were harder to sell so I kept them for my personal smoke. Super smooth smoke in my opinion. Just as potent as the non burned nugs. I would just leave them on till I harvested the rest of the plant.

^ what he said. I've had it happen, and they still smoked smooth and burned well. Just don't let the burned part of the leaves start growing into the buds, or else they'll be uglier. But that's it. I'd let the plant keep going

Shawncan75

Shawncan75

They will be a little funky looking/deformed, but they will be OK as long as you can keep them away from the lights if possible. Can you bend them away? Depending on the time left to harvest, you might get them to start growing horizontally. Looking good... keep up the great work.
I’m having this happen in veg right now. So it’s light burn? I have purple leaves and stems plus yellowing everywhere..

Shawncan75

Shawncan75

I’m having this happen in veg right now. So it’s light burn? I have purple leaves and stems plus yellowing everywhere.
DF0B2CA6 1B4F 4374 8A7B AE7BF2FCDD63

stukonarock

stukonarock

I’m having this happen in veg right now. So it’s light burn? I have purple leaves and stems plus yellowing everywhere.View attachment 945081
I think you should start a new thread for this but I dont think your looking at the same problem. This looks nutrient deficient to me. Whats your pH,EC (ppm), what is the medium your growing in what are your root and room temperatures day and night?

stukonarock

stukonarock

Watch any of the burned leaves in the top carefully if you let them go. If the small leaves die back into the bud they will more than likely cause bud rot. I'd consider taking the tops off now before that happens if they are close to finished anyways.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Purple and dying leaves are usually the result from a lockout of nutrients. Some yellowing of fan leaves is normal during flowering, but during vegging, it is a big red flag. A lockout is usually caused by one of two things...one being an incorrect Ph range, and the second is a excess of one nutrient causing another nutrient to become unavailable. A possible 3rd issue is nutrient burn, which I don't see here at all. My suggestion would be to do a Ph and PPM/Ec measurement to see where you are at on Ph matters, then check PPMs (nutrients and minerals). Eith Ph or incorrect ratios can affect P and K absorption, and to my old eyes, it looks like you are being deficient in P or K, probably caused by too much P or K, interfering with the absorption of the other. Purple stems are fairly common, but when they get streaky or run in veins, then a lockout is usually to blame.
FWIW, I grow in Promix, which is very easy to grow in and very forgiving. It doesn't have any nutrients in it, so the feeding is entirely up to the grower. I use Jacks 20-20-20 fertilizer about every 12-15 dys during strong vegg growth. This has left me without any problems for decades. Foolproof? Almost! I only recommend this as it is VERY easy to work with and provides great results... especially if you are a newer grower and still learning about your plants. Your plants look pretty good other than the problems mentioned, but your problem should be corrected before anything else. I don't know anything about Biobizz or many other treatments or additives, but plants take a very small amount of nutrition... much less than the maker's recommend. Be careful of the dollar grab, where outrageous prices are attached to common nutrients, simply because the bottle is pretty or the name is catchy. For almost every nutrient out there, there are very cheap versions available. Just looking to your future....

Top Bottom