Light burn/stress late flower

• Thread starter Allegedly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Allegedly

Allegedly

This this is what the light can do. Outgrew the tent, hlg 550v2 rspec @50% power about 12-14" from canopy for 6.5 weeks of 12/12 now.
We be burnin but it's ok, well make it to the end. Just wanted to show you what it looks like. Gonna get a little uglier from here. Might lower to 40% power but that'll suck for the middle buds. Well see over the next couple days, I have about 20 days left I suppose.

Light burnstress late flower
Light burnstress late flower 2
Light burnstress late flower 3
Light burnstress late flower 4
Light burnstress late flower 5
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I have a 640W HLG. The only time I've been able to use full power is with 2 week old plants, with the light at the top of the tent (which is occurring right now). I wonder how long before I have to start dimming i.

Allegedly

Allegedly

I have a 640W HLG. The only time I've been able to use full power is with 2 week old plants, with the light at the top of the tent (which is occurring right now). I wonder how long before I have to start dimming i.
I've been at 50% power since I got the 550. If I go higher everything fries. Tents just don't have enough hanging height. Makes me wonder how people do it without c02. I tried this time but had a VERY stretchy strain, it wasn't supposed to be.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I've been at 50% power since I got the 550. If I go higher everything fries. Tents just don't have enough hanging height. Makes me wonder how people do it without c02. I tried this time but had a VERY stretchy strain, it wasn't supposed to be.
So far I've noticed some strains are much more sensitive than others, and better fed plants don't suffer as much. What would be a slight Mg deficiency under HPS becomes a disaster.

Anthem

Anthem

Yes the 72" or 80" tall tents just do not work IMO. I use nothing but 7'11". But the plants I find can handle 100 percent light for almost the whole flowering period. Just turn them down the last couple of weeks and that is only to about 85 percent. I am using both the Gavita 1700e and the Fluence Syder 2I so I find this to be odd. But that sure looks light too much light to me as well!

Allegedly

Allegedly

Yes the 72" or 80" tall tents just do not work IMO. I use nothing but 7'11". But the plants I find can handle 100 percent light for almost the whole flowering period. Just turn them down the last couple of weeks and that is only to about 85 percent. I am using both the Gavita 1700e and the Fluence Syder 2I so I find this to be odd. But that sure looks light too much light to me as well!
the canopy is like 12 inches from the light and i cant raise anymore. thats what happened. they just stretched alot more than i thought they would.

WhatsHeDoingToday

WhatsHeDoingToday

I had that challenge myself. So, I had to do a few different things to get by. first thing I did was drill some holes every 4 inches around the top rim of the pot. Then I attached a bunch of 8" zip ties that I purchased at Har___ Fre____ and they were like $1.39 for 100. And on that attached zip ring I connected a yoyo plant device. I was able to pull down the top branches until my LST training clips could take over and slow the aggressive Apex and secondaries and allow the others to catch up. I would suggest a scrog if in the future you grow the same plant so you can still utilize your tent height. I built my own scrog after experiencing this. However, since this was a mother plant and already too big for this tent to begin with, I had to employ training and tie down tactics and then eventually rehang my light using 4 separate pulley's (one for each corner) And later to maximize height, I removed the pulley's altogether and metal clipped the light at each corner to tie wraps at the top poles. Here are a few pics as to what it looked like during my challenge.
Tie down using yoyos
YoYod down to Pot Rim
LST Training Clips 90 degree bend
LSTs keep em downward
1 pulley per corner
4 pulley adjustability

Top Bottom