Light Creeping through when the lights are off

• Thread starter serfhunter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
serfhunter

serfhunter

How critical is light creeping into the room during the flower stage when the lights are off? if there is a small amount that creeps through a door seem door, do you think it will mess up the flower production?

Anthem

Anthem

How critical is light creeping into the room during the flower stage when the lights are off? if there is a small amount that creeps through a door seem door, do you think it will mess up the flower production?

You want absolutely no light entering the grow room with the lights OFF. Just a little light can cause the plant to hermie. Light entering the room with lights OFF is BAD!!!

newh

newh

Ive taken tons of pics when its lights out with no issues but I make sure theres no extra light in the room my flower tent is in.If I need light in that room I have to plug a lamp in which I rarely ever do.I never have had a herm breakout

serfhunter

serfhunter

You want absolutely no light entering the grow room with the lights OFF. Just a little light can cause the plant to hermie. Light entering the room with lights OFF is BAD!!!
thank you

Growing_Garbage

Growing_Garbage

I mean I had a little light from a fan that was making the buds all around it crappy. Didn't herm but they grew lots of leaves and lanky airy buds. That was just a little red button.
With a real light leak under a door you can have areas that just don't really flower, or you could not flower an area, or worse herm. Kinda depends on strains sometimes but its easiest to just block it all out.

dire wolf

dire wolf

A little crack in the door makes a lot more light than you think....be careful

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Ive taken tons of pics when its lights out with no issues but I make sure theres no extra light in the room my flower tent is in.If I need light in that room I have to plug a lamp in which I rarely ever do.I never have had a herm breakout
risky!!

Anthem

Anthem

TBH it is not really talked about but some of the issues with plants becoming Hermies has to do with genetics. Poor genetics will have issues before strong genetic backgrounds

Morgs1980

Morgs1980

Had this issue, solved with a cheap self adhesive draft excluder. Stuck around door frame and it killed the gap

newh

newh

TBH it is not really talked about but some of the issues with plants becoming Hermies has to do with genetics. Poor genetics will have issues before strong genetic backgrounds
good genetics definitely helps

Top Bottom