Light cycle incident--on all night

• Thread starter Jasper.Palmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jasper.Palmer

Jasper.Palmer

Help please! Light cycle catastrophe.
First grow, week 4 of flower, these are bagseed descendants of autos but were slow to flower so I flipped to 12/12 about 3.5 weeks ago. I figure I'm about 4 weeks from harvest.
Light schedule was 10am on, 10pm off

Last night my light was on all night until 7:30 am. It's off now.

Do I:

A. Let the lights come back on at 10am today

B. Stay dark until 10am tomorrow

C. Stay dark until 7:30pm tonight and adopt a new 7:30pm on/7:30am schedule going forward

D. Stay dark until 7:30 pm, then lights on for 2.5 hours, then lights off at 10pm

???

Thank you!

Jasper.Palmer

Jasper.Palmer

As it turns out, nothing bad happened directly as a result of this incident but I'm still waiting for this grow to end--it's on day-by-day trichome watch-- and now bananas are popping up all over the place so I'm thinking I'll terminate this grow by the end of this week.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Kill the banana before it kills your THC production by breeding the rest of them.
If the plant has banana's, its a male. Kill it. That pollen will ruin a massive harvest in a heartbeat.
Poor genetics caused it to hermie possibly. Light would have been the trigger.

Jasper.Palmer

Jasper.Palmer

Thanks, ComfortablyNumb. I've been plucking them when I see them, but I already see some seeds around the tent. This is my very first grow so my expectations are low and I'm going to harvest this week in any event. It's definitely been a deep learning experience!

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Thanks, ComfortablyNumb. I've been plucking them when I see them, but I already see some seeds around the tent. This is my very first grow so my expectations are low and I'm going to harvest this week in any event. It's definitely been a deep learning experience!
Hey Jasper, Welcome to The Farm. LOL

What is your preferred method to grow?
Organic? Hydro? Choose one and we can hook you up with one person to follow thru your grow. That way you don't get conflicting articles until you are ready for them.
Your next grow will be your best yet.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
You can’t say nothing bad happened and then say you have bananas coming up all over the place.
although, bag seed is bag seed for a reason, probably would have herm regardless.

Jasper.Palmer

Jasper.Palmer

You can’t say nothing bad happened and then say you have bananas coming up all over the place.
although, bag seed is bag seed for a reason, probably would have herm regardless.
Well it's been 2 months (to the day!) since the light cycle incident and as you note it's hard to say that these late-stage bananas were caused by the incident in mid-May, but what do I know? This is my first grow. But these seeds only exist because one of their parents went hermie so it's definitely in the genes.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Well it's been 2 months (to the day!) since the light cycle incident and as you note it's hard to say that these late-stage bananas were caused by the incident in mid-May, but what do I know? This is my first grow. But these seeds only exist because one of their parents went hermie so it's definitely in the genes.
The better the genetics, the better the plants.
What do you have coming up in the tent?

Jasper.Palmer

Jasper.Palmer

Hey Jasper, Welcome to The Farm. LOL

What is your preferred method to grow?
Organic? Hydro? Choose one and we can hook you up with one person to follow thru your grow. That way you don't get conflicting articles until you are ready for them.
Your next grow will be your best yet.

Thanks, ComfortablyNumb! I am indoor, tent is 2 x 4 feet, with hlg 300l v2 rspec light. Using "organic"(?) potting mix (peat, coir, perlite, some additions like bone and blood meal).

Manually watering for this grow but I'm switching to Autopots with the 5 gal. fabric springpots for the next. For this grow I've used General Hydroponics liquid nutrients (Floranova Grow, Floranova Bloom, Calimagic) but for the next I plan to use a combination of the potting mix with Biotabs plus Dynomyco, Recharge, Mr. Fulvic, Power Si, and, if needed toward the end of the grow, "the Recipe" courtesy of BillFarthing--Jack's 321 + epsom salt. I have some autoflower seeds that I plan to use for the next grow, thinking of doing 4 plants, 2 x Tangerine Dream and 2 x Gorilla Glue, both autos. Any help or insight on this plan would be great! Thank you!

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Growing bag seed is a great way to learn! A late stage herm isn’t the end of the world. Genetics is the key. ✌️

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Thanks, ComfortablyNumb! I am indoor, tent is 2 x 4 feet, with hlg 300l v2 rspec light. Using "organic"(?) potting mix (peat, coir, perlite, some additions like bone and blood meal).

Manually watering for this grow but I'm switching to Autopots with the 5 gal. fabric springpots for the next. For this grow I've used General Hydroponics liquid nutrients (Floranova Grow, Floranova Bloom, Calimagic) but for the next I plan to use a combination of the potting mix with Biotabs plus Dynomyco, Recharge, Mr. Fulvic, Power Si, and, if needed toward the end of the grow, "the Recipe" courtesy of BillFarthing--Jack's 321 + epsom salt. I have some autoflower seeds that I plan to use for the next grow, thinking of doing 4 plants, 2 x Tangerine Dream and 2 x Gorilla Glue, both autos. Any help or insight on this plan would be great! Thank you!
Sounds good. Myself, I would stick with Bill's program and not change a thing. Get one or two solid grows under your belt.

Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Would love to hear about the Auto Pot experience, they seem like a good idea but haven't seen anyone speak about them yet. I had a brief light issue early in veg. Maybe a day and a half lost at most of light. Some later turned out to be Autos, some photos. However I think it was the seeds not the light that did it. I sprayed a lot of silver on a small group of branches and yesterday noticed a few what I think are bananas. They are pretty small on the buds. If I weren't looking for a tree in the Forrest I would not have noticed them. Tried to get a regular gopro camera shot up to show normal view but technologicaly stumped. Loading the card into the computer I see no pics. WTF
5 clones in the tent way into flower I cloned from a previous grow., (4 Durbins, one Alcapulco gold supposedly) not sure how long it would take seeds to mature , assuming they get fertilized.
PICT0070
PICT0071

Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Auto's can survive almost any light cycle, mine are on 18/6 since day 1, and will be like that until harvest
Nice looking set up there. Was wondering about scrog nets and how do you get into there to drain the tank, change nutes and stuff?

karolanne

karolanne

Would love to hear about the Auto Pot experience, they seem like a good idea but haven't seen anyone speak about them yet. I had a brief light issue early in veg. Maybe a day and a half lost at most of light. Some later turned out to be Autos, some photos. However I think it was the seeds not the light that did it. I sprayed a lot of silver on a small group of branches and yesterday noticed a few what I think are bananas. They are pretty small on the buds. If I weren't looking for a tree in the Forrest I would not have noticed them. Tried to get a regular gopro camera shot up to show normal view but technologicaly stumped. Loading the card into the computer I see no pics. WTF
5 clones in the tent way into flower I cloned from a previous grow., (4 Durbins, one Alcapulco gold supposedly) not sure how long it would take seeds to mature , assuming they get fertilized.
View attachment 1148784View attachment 1148785
What are the little white dot? Doesn't look like trichomes to me. But I'm far from being a connoiseur

Top Bottom