Light Cycle Question

• Thread starter dakotadude
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dakotadude

I currently have 1 plant in a 3 foot high grow box. the plant is in the flowering stage and I'm doing 18 dark and 6 hours light. is 18 hours dark to much? and if 18 hours is to much can I adjust the light cycle to something more balanced or is it to late for that? thank you.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
12/12 for photo plants in flower, just as long as they get 12 hours of total darkness they will finish but the 12 hours of light helps with photosynthesis.

Dan789

Dan789

Hey, not to rain on the parade, but not seeing evidence of bloom phase here if those pics are recent. The last pic in the lower left corner appears to be sporting a fuzzy looking set of something suspiciously looking like nanners.

Monster762

Monster762

18/6 will work but you are losing on a lot of light that the plant can still use right now. Question is how long has this cycle been going? Cause I'm not sure if you can add more light time at this point without confusing the plant. I mean the plant doesn't have a wrist watch but to make days longer might trigger an unwanted response. I'm not 100% sure

fatawa

fatawa

How can u do 18hrs lights off outside?u dig that thing up every evening n re-plant every morning?lol.

Monster762

Monster762

blurry pic but I think I see male. It'll look like little balls like grape clusters but not perfect circles.

L

Lucy66

Normally, in the flowering stage you should do 12 hours light and 12 hours dark.

Create420

Create420

Really hard to tell with blurry pics but I agree with monster looks like a male

D

dakotadude

Royal gorilla 4weeks into veg. When should I force it to flower??? The plant is about 10 inches in height and is in a 4 foot box. Thanks for any advice.

IMG 2742
h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

When should I force it to flower???
That all depends on you and how tall/large you want the plant to be when it's full size. In my case, I like to get to about the 4 or 5 week mark in Veg with clones. At the 4 week mark, I usually have 12 to 18" plants that will ultimately get to 48" plants in the bloom phase.

Top Bottom