Light Cycle Question

• Thread starter Northeastern
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Northeastern

Hi all,
New member looking for some guidance on a first time grow using clones.
I’ve been growing 6 clones for the past month on 18/6 under a 4 bulb t5 & a 4 bulb t8 they seem to be doing fairly well this far.
My question/concern is a two parter.
First, I’ve been rocking these things at 18/6 like I said above; I accently hit the bypass switch on my timer, and my lights got left on for 41 hours straight. When I noticed I switched it back on (18/6). Is this something I need to be concerned with?
Second, I planned on putting these ladies outside on June 1st, I know I need to mirror my outdoor light cycle and need to get my lights/plants on the same schedule. How can I do that a) after screwing up a light cycle
&
B) right now my lights switch on at 630 am and turn off at 1030pm.
On June 1st sunrise is at 4:52, sunset is at 8:13; for 15hrs21mins of day light.
What should I do to keep the stress at a minimum and stave off flowering?

HELP! lol

Thanks in advance for any and all advise.

Jordan Hawse

Jordan Hawse

If the light was off for 41 hours the properly turned to flowering then when u put them back on 18/6 they will get confused and re veg properly done so,e harm but not much

N

Northeastern

If the light was off for 41 hours the properly turned to flowering then when u put them back on 18/6 they will get confused and re veg properly done so,e harm but not much

The light was on for 41 hours straight, then I went back to 18/6

Monster762

Monster762

Hi all,
New member looking for some guidance on a first time grow using clones.
I’ve been growing 6 clones for the past month on 18/6 under a 4 bulb t5 & a 4 bulb t8 they seem to be doing fairly well this far.
My question/concern is a two parter.
First, I’ve been rocking these things at 18/6 like I said above; I accently hit the bypass switch on my timer, and my lights got left on for 41 hours straight. When I noticed I switched it back on (18/6). Is this something I need to be concerned with?
Second, I planned on putting these ladies outside on June 1st, I know I need to mirror my outdoor light cycle and need to get my lights/plants on the same schedule. How can I do that a) after screwing up a light cycle
&
B) right now my lights switch on at 630 am and turn off at 1030pm.
On June 1st sunrise is at 4:52, sunset is at 8:13; for 15hrs21mins of day light.
What should I do to keep the stress at a minimum and stave off flowering?

HELP! lol

Thanks in advance for any and all advise.
Ignore outside times. You pick your times. 12 hrs standard to trigger flower. Once you go 12/12 do not allow more than 12 hrs light. And you can not have any sources of light during dark. Even the red light on a surge protector no good.

N

Northeastern

Ignore outside times. You pick your times. 12 hrs standard to trigger flower. Once you go 12/12 do not allow more than 12 hrs light. And you can not have any sources of light during dark. Even the red light on a surge protector no good.

I hear yeh, but I plan on putting them outside on the 1st of June, in 27 days. Won’t the light reduction from 18/6 to 15:21/8:39 cause stress and or flowering to begin?

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

I was planning on changing the light cycle for mine by an hour a day adding one more hour off. After 12 days, voila, ur 12 hrs opposite of what u started at? I'm planning the same move here soon

Perception

Perception

I don’t think the 41 hours of light will have bothered them, since you were already on 18/6 (vegging hard).

If it was me, drop the plants to 16/8 to try and match natural lighting cycle before you throw outside, but i don’t think it will hurt much. When i drop light cycles, i usually do in 30 or 60 minute increments per day.

But honestly, ive never noticed much impact on the plants while changing light cycles, except when you reduce light enough to induce flower - or vice versa. You’re good.

N

Northeastern

I don’t think the 41 hours of light will have bothered them, since you were already on 18/6 (vegging hard).

If it was me, drop the plants to 16/8 to try and match natural lighting cycle before you throw outside, but i don’t think it will hurt much. When i drop light cycles, i usually do in 30 or 60 minute increments per day.

But honestly, ive never noticed much impact on the plants while changing light cycles, except when you reduce light enough to induce flower - or vice versa. You’re good.

Thanks for the input man, I appreciate the time of the response, and the peace of mind haha

Latest posts

Top Bottom