Light Cycle With More Than 12 Hours Dark

• Thread starter h4ppyf4rmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

Quick question:
I'm 2 days into my eighth week of bloom. I started out with the traditional 12L/12D light cycle and two weeks ago (week 6) I went to a 11L/13D to see what would happen. The last two weeks I've really cut back on the N in my nutes, basically running GH Flora at a ratio of 0gro:1micro:3bloom and running very light (.9 ec). The trichomes still look pretty clear although they are starting to turn cloudy.

Wondering if moving to more dark time (like 10L/14D) would make a difference. I have 3 Canuck Blueberry and one white widow. I don't think I'll be adding any more nutes at this point in my RDWC system, just plain water.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

One of my cannabis grow books has a chart of light dark cycles around the globe

Sats can ~ be 12/12, but even a 15-30 minute drop from 3rd week of bloom will/can help

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

One of my cannabis grow books has a chart of light dark cycles around the globe

Sats can ~ be 12/12, but even a 15-30 minute drop from 3rd week of bloom will/can help
yeah. that's why I am trying a 13 hour dark time after 6 weeks, I could increase the dark time by another 30 minutes. I just don't know what the negative impact of more dark time will be.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

yeah. that's why I am trying a 13 hour dark time after 6 weeks, I could increase the dark time by another 30 minutes. I just don't know what the negative impact of more dark time will be.
Indicas or Indica dominant often grow in < 10 hours of day light

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

His book also says you want a small root system so...

Grain of salt.

yeah, I'm just going by nature where the days get shorter and was wondering if shortening the days would help ripen things faster or cause harm like bud rot...

MW7945

MW7945

I think you kind of take the whole nature ordeal out of it when you grow it in a tent under a light tbh lol.

I'm going to be harvesting on day 1 of week 9 (this coming monday) with my aurora indica. Just depends on the strain really

sixstring

sixstring

it might shorten your harvest times if ya dropped 15 to 30 mins a day or every other day till ya get to 10 hours.as long as your rh is in check during the dark period then bud rot wont be changed.lowering ec will help also

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

I'm going to be harvesting on day 1 of week 9 (this coming monday) with my aurora indica. Just depends on the strain really

I had to chop my Aurora Indica at the completion of 7 weeks due to bud rot issues. I didn't lose a lot, but I didn't want to infect the other plants. It was weird, only the AI plants were affected. I'm sure the quality will be ok, just not optimal.

it might shorten your harvest times if ya dropped 15 to 30 mins a day or every other day till ya get to 10 hours.as long as your rh is in check during the dark period then bud rot wont be changed.lowering ec will help also

with my last res change, I only added a small dose Micro and Bloom, no Gro with a ratio of 0g:1m:3b
My starting water ec is around .45 and after adding the nutes is around .95 which is pretty lite.

now that the outdoor humidity has dropped to under 45% I think I'm going to drop my dehumidifier limit to 45% in the basement. The humidity in the has been hanging in the low 60s lately.

Monster762

Monster762

I am doing just that. I started flower on 11 dark. Then moved 15 minutes more dark every 3-4 days. I am now on 13 hrs dark and holding there. I'm not in any hurry I'm just going by what I've researched. The added dark time supposedly increases trich production. I am going to run the 14 hrs once I hit week 8 or see some cloudiness until it is amber. I'm on week 5 of 10 week flower time according to breeder. Trichs still crystal clear but I'm noticing more frost all together. This is my first grow.
And the dark alone will not cause bud rot. But you do have to keep temps and more importantly humidity right.

WiffyBead

WiffyBead

If I understand things correctly reducing the daylight will cause the plants to mature faster, but you can expect reduced yield. If speed is of greater import than overall yield it seems to be a pretty solid method for hurrying your girls along.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

His book also says you want a small root system so...

Grain of salt.

Yes, take his comment with a grain of salt

Hey dumb ass, people who lived their lives in the north then move south are very susceptible to sun burns and heat strokes, the opposite being true: southerners who move north get cold much quicker. it takes time to adapt, sometimes several generations

MW7945

MW7945

Hey dumb ass, people who lived their lives in the north then move south are very susceptible to sun burns and heat strokes, the opposite being true: southerners who move north get cold much quicker. it takes time to adapt, sometimes several generations

Much relevant

Hydro head

Hydro head

If I understand things correctly reducing the daylight will cause the plants to mature faster, but you can expect reduced yield. If speed is of greater import than overall yield it seems to be a pretty solid method for hurrying your girls along.
Agree with this

Top Bottom