Light cycles relationship to temps

• Thread starter sfzoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sfzoo

I'm the worst search-er, but i did try...so if this has been addressed, please point me in the right direction.

Q:
Is there any relationship between the light cycle and the temperatures?

More specifically, my temps have not been the most stable. I've read that 76deg is the ideal temp with a 10deg drop being ideal for lights out. So, how crucial is this 10deg drop in temp when lights go out? I've got temps in my cab that have not fluctuated much in the past few days, for whatever reason. Ie, 76deg lights on, 74deg lights out.

The girls seem happy, but i'm not sure if there is anything about the plants biology that depends on this dynamic.

Thanks in advanced.

S

sfzoo

Looks like the jury is still out.

I've xposted this on other boards, and got a few responses....mostly people who are just as curious as I am.

B

bestgrow

Ive heard to get more color into your herb, you should drop the temps at night.
I dont think it has an affect on growth though. just don't drop them to much

J

Jalisco Kid

It effects flower development. The cooler temps at night you get more chem reaction carbs/sugar, tight bud, close internodes. Do a search on DIF/Greenhouse which is the opposite. Look up night temps with grapes, between the 2 that should give you more to think about.JK

A

acubus

The closer the temps between light on and lights off. Reduces the stretch in flowering. Like JK says cooler temps can bring out colors in some and tend to give tighter nugs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom