Light defference or not?

• Thread starter madhatter201
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

madhatter201

Does growing with L.E.D. lights take longer than growing with C.F.L's? I recentlly started using L.E.D's and have noticed that the plant has not grown, even with 24 hour light. :bong-hits:

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

yeah they usually snuff nuts. I have experimented with about 1k worth of them. Waste of time and money so far. The 660nm that should be used usually is not and the blues are sometimes off as well. Maybe a company will eventually get it right but so far its hype. CFL kicks the shit out of them imo, cost wise, plant response, heat. LED's also give off some heat for SURE.. any size relevant to plant growing at that. Any person who says different is full of shit.

M

madhatter201

Thanks for the info. I put them outside during the daytime and bring them in at night. I thought I'd go with L.E.D's to save on the electric bill (considering last months bill-$300.00 cause of A/C unit) But looks like CFL it is.

R

r2thizzl3

L.E.D's are better than cfl's. But large scale I think CFL can be better. Maybe even in electric bills also.

T

Trim Reaper

CFL's just aren't that efficient either once you subtract all the invisable green spectrum. LED's suck too, as already posted. Imo both are ok for side lighting and that's about it.
If you can run HID's, your best bet is to invest in T5's. Higher lumen output and much better color spectrum.
:harvest:

Top Bottom