Light Dep... 2013!

• Thread starter Landfishd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Landfishd

Landfishd

This thread is more for me than anyone else. I want to keep track of my thoughts and ideas for my fantastically grand plans in 2013, and this is the perfect place! Of course if anybody has suggestions or constructive criticism, and even if you want to just tell me to quit dreaming go ahead.

I would like to pull 2 light deps and 1 full season and here is the plan:

First round light deps will be in a chow mix. Second round and full season to be in soil because it's easier, and I will have more time for vegging.

Mid February:
---First round dep of 18 plants to be started indoors with a T5 either seeds or clones
---Full seasons will be in this group, but with soil. Only 6-12 seeds and taken outside asap in March in a tiny hoophouse, and kept warm with heating and supplemental lighting. Shouldn't be needed though I might add a cfl or two just to be safe.

First week of April (or once the 16 get to big for either a 5'5' or5'10' space with 1 or 2 1K MH):

---Move first round to greenhouse that will be vented and heated if needed with a propane heater

This will be outfitted with six 600 MH bulbs ran vertically in the middle of every four plants
x x x x x x
o o o
x x x x x x
o o o
x x x x x x

supplemental lighting to be ran 2AM-8AM and possibly during other parts of day depending on weather.

---Start new seeds or clones indoors with the t5 in the tent, and in soil to match May 1st photoperiod.

May 1st (or as soon as plants are big enough to fill GH once finished):

Move second round outside to save on energy cost.

---Get the full season plants outside into their big pots... maybe 200 gallons probably what seems to be the standard with everybody. Eaither 100 or 200 gallons.

---Pull the black breathable tarp from 7pm-7am on #1

June 1st: Relax and drink mint lemonaide drinks. Tend everything and make sure there are no problems.

First Week of July:

Harvest #1!!

Move second round to GH and pull the damn tarp! 7pm-7am

Sept 1st:
Harvest #2!!

First Week of October:

If I haven't forgotten about the full seasons those will be harvested for harvest #3!

The rest of October and November either be horribly disappointed in my tremendous failure or bask in the glory and get ready for a trip to Jackson Hole, Wyoming.

I may have forgotten many details already. Here's the rest that has not been forgotten!!

Landfishd

Landfishd

Thank you! I figure immediate startup cost to be around $25,000 (includes 6 months rent) and so far in my planning I'm a little behind on that figure. I'd like to think that I'm very goal orientated, so I think I'll make it

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Yeah Does sound like good plan.
I would copy your plan and use it next year, except,
I think this is my last light dep season for a while...Gotta be home everyday at 430pm for 60 days or more..:confused: kinda light being a prisoner...But I do love having flowers in the garden in may :)

Maybe I will go with auto flower next febuary

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Landfish; Have you found a good price on a Breathable "Black out" Tarp?

Chobble

Chobble

Looks really good. Good luck man. I wish I had enough time to light dep :( I shall live vicariously through your journal! Consider me subbed ;)

Chobble

Landfishd

Landfishd

Landfish; Have you found a good price on a Breathable "Black out" Tarp?

I will look for something cheaper than the roll that Forever Flowering has, but if I can't find it their stuff isn't too expensive.

Thanks for all the positive energy folks! I'm super excited already and I really hope to make this plan come to fruition. Though I'll probably have to borrow a little cash to make it happen exactly how I want it. Time will tell..

Ken I'm confused why you pull your tarp at 4:30?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Ken I'm confused why you pull your tarp at 4:30?

Well, I was covering at 6pm last month because the sunrise was about 6am
now, Its gettin light earlier. There is some twilight starting around 5am.
So now, I try to get them covered before 5 pm and then I uncover them after is gets dark. bout 9pm
The black Plastic holds in to much moisture. So I cant leave them covered all nite.

So their dark period is from 430pm to 5am:)
I would rather they have a little more than 12 hours dark

and most of lite dep beds are in the shade by 6pm so that helps to keep that black plastic from getting too hot.

datDANK

datDANK

full california sun
organic living soil
A1 nutes
top dollar genetics
love, effort, care, sweat
you will reach a content and happy life

Chobble

Chobble

Well, I was covering at 6pm last month because the sunrise was about 6am
now, Its gettin light earlier. There is some twilight starting around 5am.
So now, I try to get them covered before 5 pm and then I uncover them after is gets dark. bout 9pm
The black Plastic holds in to much moisture. So I cant leave them covered all nite.

So their dark period is from 430pm to 5am:)
I would rather they have a little more than 12 hours dark

and most of lite dep beds are in the shade by 6pm so that helps to keep that black plastic from getting too hot.

Put a dehumidifier in there, It'll help you cut down on mold through the flowering stages anyways.

Chobble

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Put a dehumidifier in there, It'll help you cut down on mold through the flowering stages anyways.

Chobble
I would but, I don't got one:(
The Plastic is only on for 4 hours

Landfishd

Landfishd

I'm sorry guys but I am trashing this plan. Decided I'll stick with my original plan which was a 4K indoor grow in the mountains to start at the same time. It will be cheaper, safer, and easier with not too huge of a loss in reward if I can manage 5 harvest in a year or at least 4.5. Any chance this thread can get deleted?

vaporedout

vaporedout

dat dank.... get that cheater off your avatar ;)

landfishd- kens has been doing this light dep thing, hes got the info... i did one of my plants light dep, sort of, i just put it in the shed at 7pm and opened it at 7am... it was a small plant, only about 1/4oz off it, but enough to know ill NEVER light dep again... just like ken said... like being a prisoner, in your own home. and i dont think it looked as good as most my outdoor.
heres a pic, still curing
CALI ORANGE:
DSC09479

Latest posts

Top Bottom