Light Dep Advice

• Thread starter SourPatchSwag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SourPatchSwag

I am now working to build the structure and try light dep on some of my girls, I was wondering if anyone has experience and could offer their best methods? I am curious if it is better to cover them in the morning or the night, I've heard morning because the transpiration is less and they dry out during the day... Thanks in advance and input would be killer.:)

F

FatFreddysKat

Really? Are you really that clueless??? I suggest you let others grow for you and dont attempt light dep dude, you'd be doing the plants and patients justice!!!
Pick up a book or at the least do some homework, before attempting something such as this get the basic facts, your answer is so basic and has everything to do with the entire concept of light deprivation, so if you have to ask when to cover the plants you shouldnt even try!!!
Man this is some funny shit this year , there will be a shitload of garbage flooding everywhere this harvest season thanks to the greedy and clueless!!!

S

SourPatchSwag

Damn, Hatefull Spite

Really? Are you really that clueless??? I suggest you let others grow for you and dont attempt light dep dude, you'd be doing the plants and patients justice!!!
Pick up a book or at the least do some homework, before attempting something such as this get the basic facts, your answer is so basic and has everything to do with the entire concept of light deprivation, so if you have to ask when to cover the plants you shouldnt even try!!!
Man this is some funny shit this year , there will be a shitload of garbage flooding everywhere this harvest season thanks to the greedy and clueless!!!

You really should save your energy for positive, obviously I have read about light dep i was looking for actual experience not just words from pages I already have an idea. There is always flood of garbage keep your quality up and you don't have to worry! Thanks for the hate though lets me know i'm doing something. Good luck hope you put as much energy into your girls as hate. If you haven't done light dep you didn't need to reply.

U

uberstuber

Fat Fred, wow what a prick. I am doing a light-dep with some Jillybean. I have a 4 by six with a 600W lumatek with air-cooled glass xtrasun hood and a 392 cfm 6 inch can-fan sucking air out of the room. I have the light on a 12 12 timer. It is set for 9am to 9pm of light. I stick them outside every chance I get. I have the in 7 gallon smartpots with a light 60 40 soil perlite blend. I get a mini workout in carrying them everyday. I am very pleased with the results. I am 2 weeks into flower. I vegged them for a long time so I have some serious bushes.

As for your question, unless you are prepared to wake up before the sun rises every morning, you would have light, dark, light again! Photoperiod stress can screw you over. You could end up with some hermaphrodites.

S

SourPatchSwag

Sorry

What do you mean by light dark and light again?

B

Badmf

He means you would cover after light and then un-cover. Set the alarm and drop it(cover) over just before fisrt light remove at 9 o'clock and you'll be fine. I do this and am automating it! Mornings are better its cooler and less visible in most locales. just don't go on vacation! Peace Bad...:harvest:

S

SourPatchSwag

Thanks!

Thats exactly what i was asking.... I've read that the additional UV makes for better buds have you noticed that @ all? Its my 1st time running this and I have a couple of the same strains i'm going to let go full term so i'll have some comparison but i was wondering if you have noticed any change. Thanks

B

Badmf

Well I wasn't meaning because of UV but heat and ease of access. Hot days in late summer are difficult to keep humidity levels under control, mornings are better imo. And on UV it does make a difference. Good Luck!

S

SourPatchSwag

Thanks

For sure thanks if all goes well i'll try to post what I come up with.:harvest:

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Sounds like a good plan to me Sourpatch

uberstuber
I am Light Dep-ing a couple jillybean too. :)

redman420

redman420

uv makes the biggest difference it will make your plants produce alot more thc becuase thc is what natural protects the plant from uvb rays and it will produce more every night to help protect the bud the next day.That why outdoor bud my not look as good as indoor but it will have as much or more thc than indoor if you harvest at the right time.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I wanted to add, I cover mine for only a little over 4 hours..

I cover em Round Five and then I uncover round 9;15 when the sun is down.

Then. I water them so most of the moisture is evaporated during the next day before I cover them again

B

Badmf

uv makes the biggest difference it will make your plants produce alot more thc becuase thc is what natural protects the plant from uvb rays and it will produce more every night to help protect the bud the next day.That why outdoor bud my not look as good as indoor but it will have as much or more thc than indoor if you harvest at the right time.

The reason indoor looks better is CO2 and the lack of harsher conditions. Indoors these are under control as well as temperatures and humidity.
Outdoors are also subject to inclement weather, rains, wind and uneven Sun. While the additional spectrum adds to thc it reduces the visual appeal. jmtc

sorrel23

sorrel23

I wanted to add, I cover mine for only a little over 4 hours..

I cover em Round Five and then I uncover round 9;15 when the sun is down.

Then. I water them so most of the moisture is evaporated during the next day before I cover them again
I know this was from... 5 years ago but I was hoping, caregiverken, if you would mind telling me how your light dep schedule works for you- i'm on 7-7 now but I want to switch to closing at 5 opening at 9:30 to avoid humidity and having to wake up early. Do you think it would mess with the plants at all to go from being completely blacked out like they were before 7-7 to having natural darkness? Thanks so much, if you read this and feel like answering.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Fat Fred, wow what a prick. I am doing a light-dep with some Jillybean. I have a 4 by six with a 600W lumatek with air-cooled glass xtrasun hood and a 392 cfm 6 inch can-fan sucking air out of the room. I have the light on a 12 12 timer. It is set for 9am to 9pm of light. I stick them outside every chance I get. I have the in 7 gallon smartpots with a light 60 40 soil perlite blend. I get a mini workout in carrying them everyday. I am very pleased with the results. I am 2 weeks into flower. I vegged them for a long time so I have some serious bushes.

As for your question, unless you are prepared to wake up before the sun rises every morning, you would have light, dark, light again! Photoperiod stress can screw you over. You could end up with some hermaphrodites.

Not if he covered them at night and uncovered them when they would get less than 14 hours of light, mid morning.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

I have been covering mine at 6 pm. And uncovering them any time after 845 pm when it's totally dark out. As the sun starts coming up earlier I will start covering them a little earlier around 530. I built pvc hoop houses. Really cheap and simple to do.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

If you get much better sun in the afternoon you might want to black out your greenhouse from 5 am and uncover it around 830 am or so. Getting up that early is a pain in the ass.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Buy the twenty foot long pvc pipes that are one inch wide. Put in metal stakes ten feet across from each other and make it as long as u want. Then put a cross bar on each side and a top piece for stability when u pull the tarp over it . Buy the good expensive 12 mil blackout tarp with white on one side so it helps keep the heat out.

Last edited:
T

ThcIsForMe

So about how long from start to finish are you guys running your depos? I'm thinking about running one as quick as possible.

sorrel23

sorrel23

So about how long from start to finish are you guys running your depos? I'm thinking about running one as quick as possible.

I vegged mine from clones inside for 1 1/2 months, transferred to greenhouse, they got out April 15th, supplemented light for ten days, flipped the 25th and are on day 46 now I believe. Will start cutting the first one sdown in +/- 10 days. Hope that's helpful :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom