Light Dep High Humidity Advice Help

• Thread starter robz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

robz

Greetings all. I am week 5 into light dep and when I cover at 5:30 pm at night humidity spikes to 99% when I uncover it at 10:00 pm.
Any advice on how I can mitigate this high spike in rh? Thanks on advance.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Are you doing an open air light dep or do you have a plastic cover on. Pictures help. You can go to the grow store and buy a couple big cheap 12 inch exhaust fans and run ducting underneath the blackout tarp to keep the air moving a lot better

R

robz

Yes plastic over greenhouse with blackout tarp over the plastic. Have 8 circulation fans and exhaust fan going 24/7. In the northern coastal region of Or. So the weather here if pretty high in humidity already.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Ventilation & Circulation .......easy peasy

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Oh shit Oregon, sorry not so easy with all of the ambient high Rh. This will take some planning.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Is it a hoop house with pvc or a high end really nicely built greenhouse ??

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

If it's a nice greenhouse that is pretty airtight a couple nice de hums would be a great permanent fix to this issue.

R

robz

It's a gable style greenhouse with a door. Not 100% sealed but pretty air tight. The exhaust fan has plenty of draw with a breathable wall attached to keep light out. Besides that I now have 12 circulation fans all running 24/7
The humidity here has been 70-80% for last week or so. When I cover is the main issue. I've tried putting all 3 of my dehumidifiers in there but with the exhaust fan off it's too much plant material 59 total some 7 footers in there. Leave exhaust fan on and it's pointless to run the dehumidifiers. At this point no PM or bud rot mid week 6 so just hoping for drier weather after the holiday.

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

Your inside humidity won't drop below your outside humidity without some sort of dehumidification. If you're moving enough air through the greenhouse, it shouldn't spike to 99% though. I use an inline fan to blow air into my dep, and an online fall to éxhaust too. Ducting buried under the ground for the light. Never gets higher than 80% even when it's raining, and stays around 50% even if I'm watering with the tarps on. I'm in a pretty dry place though.

Top Bottom