Light dep

• Thread starter bluemoonrocks
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bluemoonrocks

So I am in the blueprints of my new setup....A permanent style light deprivation greenhouse

I have some basic ideas. I want to make it sealed, a 20ft Lx 20 ft Wx 15ft H. prolly make a cement floor, with drains through out it. I want to have 3 rows of 3 beds per row, 9 beds total in the room. 4ftx4ft beds; 200 gallons medium approx per bed. meaning there is 2ft of space on each side of every box throughout the room left to walk crawl through..maybe not the first round but I want to install a 600w Gativa pro above each bed. I want to make it sealed, temperature and humidity controlled. also would like to induce CO2 possibly through a propane heater for the room? was thinking of getting a house ac like 5ton or more to cool it...maybe a few if I need ? not sure. going for average temps 78-85.multiple wall mounted fans; good air flow induced inside room but kept inside room....but have a exhaust and intake fans to room as well; bringing/exhausting fresh air 4 times a day or so every 6 hours.

going to fashion a hoop style greenhouse over this structure;(20ft Lx 20ft Wx 20ft H) rigging a motor to it to raise and lower the tarp to cover it for 12 hours per day.

what do you guys think of this? I am thinking of using galvanized steel for the structure its self. not sure as to what to use for the panneling? i want to make it sealed so does anyone know good panneling? im looking trying to get the best.and if that will be sufficient cooling for the room not sure what ill need to do to cool it properly either I think a 5ton house ac or something would work tho
to induce CO2 id prolly run hoses through out the room from the emitter/ or from next to propane tank lining the hoses right to each bed

was thinking of running 4 plants per bed; 36 plants total. each plant will have approx 50 gal of medium. not sure prolly go with soil to start but might switch to coco if I can keep it sealed and it seems worth the extra work. prolly have each plant pre vegged 2-3 ft tall 2-3 ft wide before I bring them in there....and veg into beds for 2 weeks? or so

all of this is going to be hella expensive I know and am saving for it I have around half what I think I need now to start it so im putting the plan into full action before I can start it. please any and all info advice would be great! thanks much love family

Bannacis

Bannacis

What state you in? think of possibly to be able to open up and use natures fresh air when applicable, at time of year it would be cost effective on air and fresh co2. plus in your beds one plant can get pretty big (depends on strain) so you might want to be careful of over crowding. a 4x4 bed can house a big lady, if your veg size is 2-3 ft high and 2-3 ft wide, one will def fill a 4x4. not enough room for 4 in one bed. remember once flowering girl will double sometime triple in size. not just hight but width also. One plant super cropped and trellised out will get big under the sun.
A well grown plant can grow as wide as its container/bed so be ready.

B

bluemoonrocks

in california. so despite the lights i should have a lot of air flow. that is the one main reason for wanting to have it sealed was to keep temps right besides CO2 in the room for it to be used efficiently? and i definitely can see how one plant per bed would be sufficient, just wasnt sure how big theyd stretch throughout the year in different seasons. im going to look into your grows brotha :)

Bannacis

Bannacis

I've mostly done indoor, since im on the east end of the country and not legal state (Ohio)..YET.
But from what I see of California's weather... Your outdoor or greenhouse will be banging.
You can go with multiple plants in your beds, but I would start em smaller, but still you will possibly get roots to over crowd.
and with single bedded plants you have complete control of their feeding and care...individually.
my outdoor I gotta keep small and stealthy, and they still want to go big. I was living in town and put a smally out.
The time change here is about first week of August, so about 8 weeks till a frost can come.
I put it out in June, I know kinda late, it was 8 inches tall when I put out. only got about 4-5 hours of good light.
here's result:
about a foot at begging of flower. IMG 0306 in 2 gallon pot

at end of 8 weeks.
IMG 0416 close up.IMG 0408 IMG 0455

I had another in a 5 gallon bucket, i'll post later
And thanks, I hope to see your progress here soon too! keep us posted

G

growtime

I'm going for one of the new legalized grow licenses in WA state... thinking light dep for its advantages over indoor.

I know this is an old post but was searching for light dep convo's on here. What are you guys seeing as an average yield with light dep?
I've done plenty of straight outdoor, and indoor hydro, but no light dep.
Since it isn't about plant count, and more about the size of your beds, is there a ballpark metric for yield per square foot?

The big problem is the sunlight spectrum up here, though I think I can augment it with some LEDs to get the red spectrum in it year round.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I'm going for one of the new legalized grow licenses in WA state... thinking light dep for its advantages over indoor.

I know this is an old post but was searching for light dep convo's on here. What are you guys seeing as an average yield with light dep?
Since it isn't about plant count, and more about the size of your beds, is there a ballpark metric for yield per square foot?

The big problem is the sunlight spectrum up here, though I think I can augment it with some LEDs to get the red spectrum in it year round.
I love light dep but from my experience there are two major enemies: humidity and rain. Both you have to deal with there too much for me to consider a light dep except for maybe this time of year. Have you seen any commercial greenhouse in your area?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

We have light dep convos here. The easiest way to find all of them is to go to Google, use your search terms and add @thcfarmer.com.

Top Bottom