Light Disruption during Flowering.

• Thread starter Supergoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Supergoo

Supergoo

Hi all, so my question I have today is what do you think about light penetration messing up my 12/12 light cycle. Im about 4-5 weeks into flower and they are kept in a box set up which is pitch black during the dark hours, which is great, however im having to commute now abo0ut 20 minuets to my place where they are kept from my girlfriends and my light hours dont start until 10pm which make things annoying for me, as i dont want to move them this late into flower to her place. So my question is to avoid having to go there so late could i go there at say 7pm open the box for like 4-5 minuets while i feed/water them and would i mess them up or set them back because of them not being in total pitch black darkness. they would be out in my room for max 5 minuets and my room wouldnt have any lights on, so it would still be dark however it wouldnt be pitch black as if they were in the box think of a room just without any lights on in terms of darknes if that makes sense. Would that dissrupt the flowering process or would it not mess it up. Your opinions would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance to all who offer there opinions to me you guys are the reason my ladies dont look like some weird alien growth! not that thats always a bad thing lol.

SG

Tnelz

Tnelz

Hi all, so my question I have today is what do you think about light penetration messing up my 12/12 light cycle. Im about 4-5 weeks into flower and they are kept in a box set up which is pitch black during the dark hours, which is great, however im having to commute now abo0ut 20 minuets to my place where they are kept from my girlfriends and my light hours dont start until 10pm which make things annoying for me, as i dont want to move them this late into flower to her place. So my question is to avoid having to go there so late could i go there at say 7pm open the box for like 4-5 minuets while i feed/water them and would i mess them up or set them back because of them not being in total pitch black darkness. they would be out in my room for max 5 minuets and my room wouldnt have any lights on, so it would still be dark however it wouldnt be pitch black as if they were in the box think of a room just without any lights on in terms of darknes if that makes sense. Would that dissrupt the flowering process or would it not mess it up. Your opinions would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance to all who offer there opinions to me you guys are the reason my ladies dont look like some weird alien growth! not that thats always a bad thing lol.

SG
Hey bro. I personally wouldn't do it. Don't think it would disrupt actual flowering but could cause them to herm. That's would I'd be worried about. Unfortunately u may have to drive the 20 mins bro. Just my opinion.

Supergoo

Supergoo

Hey Tnelz, Thanks for your response, im thinking im just going to have to bite the bullet and make the trip. was hoping as long as there were no lights on i would be ok. But im a noob grower so I will deff listen your advice. Thanks for your help: )

SG

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Yep I second that. Just not worth it. Could end up with seeds in the whole crop. Or worse, re veg

Are you just in a small cabinet for personal? If your trying to do this as a job get used to being with the girls every day at lights on and lights off.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Hey Tnelz, Thanks for your response, im thinking im just going to have to bite the bullet and make the trip. was hoping as long as there were no lights on i would be ok. But im a noob grower so I will deff listen your advice. Thanks for your help: )

SG
Hey bro. Anytime. I always side with caution. Lol. You will find this biz or hobby will cause u much inconvenience. From time to time. It's a job brother! Good luck and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Top Bottom