Light Distance Off Canopy

• Thread starter Smokeingdog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smokeingdog

Smokeingdog

Just wondering what all you fellow growers are keeping your light or lights from the tops of your canopy, an are the final buds dense an soild,i ask because i used to use a 400watt hps an tryed to keep the light around a foot off the top of the canopy, now i use a 600watt i try an do the same.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Just wondering what all you fellow growers are keeping your light or lights from the tops of your canopy, an are the final buds dense an soild,i ask because i used to use a 400watt hps an tryed to keep the light around a foot off the top of the canopy, now i use a 600watt i try an do the same.
About the same. A foot off the tops. It depends on if its an open bulb or air cooled hoods though

hermit186

hermit186

A foot or so use your hand if the back of your hand becomes hot or uncomfortable move it up. Watch the newest leaves as they open the will tell you if is to hot quickly. The plant will push out a point and then it will open up and expand.
If the leeves stop slow down or misshape move it up I run mine Led's a 12 inches and my hps 600 watts at 14 to 16 inches but I have large volume air movement.
And I grow medium and tall plants.

Smokeingdog

Smokeingdog

A foot or so use your hand if the back of your hand becomes hot or uncomfortable move it up. Watch the newest leaves as they open the will tell you if is to hot quickly. The plant will push out a point and then it will open up and expand.
If the leeves stop slow down or misshape move it up I run mine Led's a 12 inches and my hps 600 watts at 14 to 16 inches but I have large volume air movement.
And I grow medium and tall plants.
I try an keep mine around the height you do,i also have cracking air movement an a speed control plug for both intake an outtake so i adjust if it gets to cold or to hot,they work perfectly

hermit186

hermit186

I want you to consider this it's a weed and your trying to grow it as if it were a special plant treat it more like a weed. Try growing orchid's. Also in nature which I grow outside also the temperature changes and ph you have much less control and it grows better. Use the hand test daily. check your plants daily. Make any changes slowly.
Weed dose not need the abstract chemistry. Air control and temperature on the leaves is very important in doors.
I use Jacks 321 and Caps moab also I have added Backstrap to my mix and I will openly admit that Sea is right it needs to be there in small quanities she likes the taste but I believe its the sulfur.

I do use a lot of the chemistry but only when the ladies call for it. Some plants indoors do not grow the stems strong enough so I add Silica. I don't use Cal/mag because it adds to much N read Sea's posts and start treating the cal or mag separately. I have grown some killer weed and some not so good in the old days we smoked it all. If your plants come under a hard fought problems for the most part I ax them or eat it Why your gut will kill mold spores in your lungs they grow. I don't smoke any more unless it a good quantity.

Learning is a process of elimination that which works and that that don't.
Most of what I do was learned here in the old days I grew fair to good weed.
Now I still have a flop or two but mostly I grow premium. I used to think I was a brain about growing. Now I no I was dumb and now I read read and listen.

Smokeingdog

Smokeingdog

I want you to consider this it's a weed and your trying to grow it as if it were a special plant treat it more like a weed. Try growing orchid's. Also in nature which I grow outside also the temperature changes and ph you have much less control and it grows better. Use the hand test daily. check your plants daily. Make any changes slowly.
Weed dose not need the abstract chemistry. Air control and temperature on the leaves is very important in doors.
I use Jacks 321 and Caps moab also I have added Backstrap to my mix and I will openly admit that Sea is right it needs to be there in small quanities she likes the taste but I believe its the sulfur.

I do use a lot of the chemistry but only when the ladies call for it. Some plants indoors do not grow the stems strong enough so I add Silica. I don't use Cal/mag because it adds to much N read Sea's posts and start treating the cal or mag separately. I have grown some killer weed and some not so good in the old days we smoked it all. If your plants come under a hard fought problems for the most part I ax them or eat it Why your gut will kill mold spores in your lungs they grow. I don't smoke any more unless it a good quantity.

Learning is a process of elimination that which works and that that don't.
Most of what I do was learned here in the old days I grew fair to good weed.
Now I still have a flop or two but mostly I grow premium. I used to think I was a brain about growing. Now I no I was dumb and now I read read and listen.
I only smoke grade-A quality bud myself, i can't smoke that low quality bud at all,so i never ever buy off the streets unless i got none an it stinking it's very rare that i run out

Latest posts

Top Bottom