Light Distance

• Thread starter Radio_Dread
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Radio_Dread

Light Distance last 2 wks

I was reading in the latest skunk mag that the last 2 weeks you should raise your lights. the lights should be 24" above the plants the last 2 weeks it says to enhance flavor. now, does this apply to an air cooled hood too? or just an open wing reflector? im only running a 400w hps air cooled hood and i figured since there is a pain of glass and not much heat near the top of the plants so i would think 24" is a bit much. whats everyone elses opinion on this or do you raise your lights at all the last 2 weeks before harvest? just wonderin...thanks dudes

R

Radio_Dread

the articale can be found on pages 52-54 of the best of skunk vol.2. the best of the rev. it is the latest issue im pretty sure and its actually a good one. has a grow special that the whole mag is deicated to each step of growing. anyone else pick this issue up by any chance?

S

stlth8814

I personally dont and wouldnt raise the lights, Especially with a 400Watt When in the last 2 weeks. Keep the light intensity Up so they Can Swell. If anything lower the temps the last 2 Weeks to immitate Fall.

M

mcattak

the articale can be found on pages 52-54 of the best of skunk vol.2. the best of the rev. it is the latest issue im pretty sure and its actually a good one. has a grow special that the whole mag is deicated to each step of growing. anyone else pick this issue up by any chance?

I raise my lights and lower the temp....It does matter how big your lights are though...

green bastard

green bastard

i like to keep my lights the same hight right through after the first couple of weeks of streach in flower if you lose light intensity how can you bud get bigger if there used to say 150-000 lumens how can they benifit from the lights 2 feet higher with half the intensity

J

John Smith Esq.

interesting.... never heard of that before. kinda makes sense though.

Cheers for the info.

S

Sunshinegrower

I was reading in the latest skunk mag that the last 2 weeks you should raise your lights. the lights should be 24" above the plants the last 2 weeks it says to enhance flavor. now, does this apply to an air cooled hood too? or just an open wing reflector? im only running a 400w hps air cooled hood and i figured since there is a pain of glass and not much heat near the top of the plants so i would think 24" is a bit much. whats everyone elses opinion on this or do you raise your lights at all the last 2 weeks before harvest? just wonderin...thanks dudes

I haven't seen that article, but I always read High Times and look very close at the pictures to see what and how they are using their setups. Lots of pictures always seem to show the lights pretty high up there. I know it's hard to tell from a picture, but if you see a Co2 sensor of the wall and know the brand and size you can get a pretty good idea of how high that light is. Maybe some raise the lights for pictures? Hmmmm.

R

Radio_Dread

yeah its a really good issue to read. i did raise the lights alil just cause they were only like 6in away cause i could kind of see bleach spots on some of the top buds leaves and i have noticed more of a fruity smell lately too. who knows. just something i read and thought could work and wanted to share.

Latest posts

Top Bottom