Light During Drying?

• Thread starter ABM
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

ABM

Can help you out, the theory of dark before chop is some claim that when the plants aren't eating /photosynthesing that most of the nutrients are back down in the lower portion and roots of the plants. The theory goes that if the plant is asleep when you chop all of the nutes are in the rootball and is supposed to lend to a better overall taste. Sort of a reverse flush if you will.

I'm not sold on it but thats the way the urban pot stories go. :D I have tried it both ways and cant tell any difference in taste or smoothness of the erb.
I I agree with the fact that I can't tell the difference

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Taste test light vs dark
Dark normal process, usual, taste, feel and look.
Light on or drying in my greenhouse with normal daylight, with normal humidity etc, tell ya what, shits tastier.
Breed; J1. Thc was same. Look and feel about same but it is definitely “browned “ with tinges of green, actual spicier taste. Smoke about the same.
Conclusion, other then the cosmetic difference, normal sun exposure actually brought out more of the sativa spiciness.
Pic one dark
Pic 2 in greenhouse with normal sun exposure,8-11 hrs light but we been mostly overcast as it’s fall here in monterey cali.

80CE73CE 489F 498B 865F 96059144E9F5
C20B6750 E71A 4454 A14A 6EAE1231DF9C
Last edited:
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Pics of nugs dried and now curing
Light pic number 3
Dark pic number 4
Rest labeled as in pic

3 plants each dedicated to test. Yield w as about 2.8lbs each lot.
Same grow conditions. In organic Living soil. Feed was supplement, fish emulsion, cal mag, phos bat, kelp, humic, and tap water at 135ppm ( real good filter), ph is about 5.8 here.
Veg:Lights supplement mars led, 2 plus vipar 700 2 , split left to right side with one each. Temps were about 72 f average , humidity was 50% all the time.
Night temps , 50-55F, humidity dropped to 45%.
At flower last 2 weeks humidity was brought to 35-40% 24/7.
No light dep as it was season grow from March through harvest September 18th.
Drying was slow as I controlled heat and humidity, 65f, 65% 13 days to dry both dark and light test.
Will send oz each for lab test post cure in another week for final thc tests.
Simple dab paper tests put them at 16-22%. But those tests are very broad.
22 balls large mouth mason jars each lot. Curing in dark now. Taste test was today. As I got impatient, I think they will both mellow more distinctively. Will update in a month! Now drying my og. Man those suckers are juicy!

C5E9FDA7 1305 444B 8CAD E59CB5EDBB69
06384144 A9F0 46AC 9CA4 AB9BE47E91D2
2F58E5B7 D314 4537 9B0D 0F0DD3AA02E7
71CF16E8 A873 4337 A0B2 013BF4B49F7E
31173302 CA71 49A0 8E2F 872C637C869D
09BE22AD 82CA 426D 9405 5902E5892598
3F77B2A8 8D69 4D6E AB7F 86BCE8BFA6C6
Last edited:
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Light pic number 3
Dark pic number 4
Rest labeled as in pic

Same grow conditions. In organic Living soil. Feed was supplement, fish emulsion, cal mag, phos bat, kelp, humic, and tap water at 135ppm ( real good filter), ph is about 5.8 here.
Veg:Lights supplement mars led, 2 plus vipar 700 2 , split left to right side with one each. Temps were about 72 f average , humidity was 50% all the time.
Drying was slow as I controlled heat and humidity, 65f, 65% 13 days to dry both dark and light test.
22 balls large mouth mason jars each lot. Curing in dark now. Taste test was today. As I got impatient, I think they will both mellow more distinctively. Will update in a month! Now drying my og. Man those suckers are juicy!
Great test..I wish we (Nevada North) had a decent lab (price wise) to test our own grows! I would love to see actual lab results from some of my own off the cuff experiments.
(not trying to hi-jack, but didn't want to begin a new thread)
ie: I just finished a 3 plant outdoor grow. The interesting part was that each plant had a clone of herself grown indoors. I have been curing the indoor grown plants for a few months and the 1st outdoor plant went into jars today (most was flash frozen for hash and rosin later on..only took a few ounces from the outdoor plants for smoke comparisons).
That 1st plant and clone were from a Bonza Mystery female seed (I think Green Crack). The indoor plant looked and smoked more like the Indica side; while her outdoor mom looked and smokes more Sativa like.
In fact the outdoor plant has a clear head high drifting down to the pectoral area and stopping. The Indoor clone was much more of a body high.

The outdoor harvest looked shitty compared to the indoor harvest (bag appeal only). The trichome coverage on the outdoor plants appeared heavier than that on the indoor counterparts.

It is very possible that the subjective results were due to environmental factors (all had Megacrop Nutes, and Ginormous PK boost + Herculean Harvest (liquid bone meal)), and of course time of harvest (trichome development), but it is like smoking two entirely different strains. The high is still coming on strong after 10 minutes with the outdoor plant. The indoor plants hits fast and you stay put. This now feels like an old time Sativa high WITHOUT the racy feeling..NO PARANOIA. I have avoided growing Sativas because I dislike the racy high..this is (for lack of a better word), AMAZING, for a dedicated Indica smoker.

A

ABM

Light pic number 3
Dark pic number 4
Rest labeled as in pic

I'm glad someone's able to get to the bottom of this. Be waiting for that month in your report.

20180918 113318
Top Bottom