Light for a 3x3 or 4x4 tent

• Thread starter Xire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
X

Xire

Hello farmers,

Earlier in my life I got experience with growing buds under a hpslamp. Now I'm about to start again. And this time it has to be a LED setup.

3x3 or 4x4 tent, price doesn't matter.

I have these two in mind Optic 4/6 or Greenception GC 16.

What do you think ?

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

there are tons of threads about leds on the site. and if money isnt a issue for lights then ive heard great things about the electric skies or hlg quantom boards

420baby

420baby

Almost everyone recommended me white color quantum board LED as it is the newest tech.
There are a lot of choices: Fluence, HLG, california works,MarsHydro. If your money is full, check first three.
I was using the MarsHydro SP250 as my budget is low. It is very bright. So far so good.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

My 300 mars hydro pulled 120 at the wall

It was hot as hell, bad light penetration, bad par, on n on n on

It’s cheap n shows in its performance

I have a hgl 135, this is the real deal

Depending on cooling, what your looking for, I would get one or their 260

If u get the 135 I’d consider a single cob, citizen, or vero to go along with it

Have it on a separate driver, be able to move it around to get good coverage

Etc

80% of the stuff on eBay n Amazon are total shit

BloodShot

BloodShot

I recently got Samsung quantum boards and I think they rock!

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

My 300 mars hydro pulled 120 at the wall

It was hot as hell, bad light penetration, bad par, on n on n on

It’s cheap n shows in its performance

I have a hgl 135, this is the real deal

Depending on cooling, what your looking for, I would get one or their 260

If u get the 135 I’d consider a single cob, citizen, or vero to go along with it

Have it on a separate driver, be able to move it around to get good coverage

Etc

80% of the stuff on eBay n Amazon are total shit
My mars 300 reflector worked great 😂😂 it’s definitely not a top quality led but mines cold to the touch. I’ve dropped it 5 times and nothing broken so it’s definitely tough. But I agree amazon and eBay is not the way to go.

420baby

420baby

Hello farmers,

Earlier in my life I got experience with growing buds under a hpslamp. Now I'm about to start again. And this time it has to be a LED setup.

3x3 or 4x4 tent, price doesn't matter.

I have these two in mind Optic 4/6 or Greenception GC 16.

What do you think ?

I noticed that MarsHydro released a new light called TS series on their website. I guess the TS1000 will be suitable for your 3x3 tent.
I have used their SP250 for a while. No complaints yet. Do not consider the blurple LED. it has been out of date.

X

Xire

Then again, I have just been offered a HLG 550v2 rspec, the red one. But it's double the price compared to the 2x Mars sp250.

But again, newest tech. Is it wort it for 4x4?

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Read about hgl lights

Worth every cent more imho....but I’ve only used the 65 w/4K veg light and 135w/3k light.

But those two would compete with a 400 hps if in same room

I had one in a closet n one in a veg/clone tent

X

Xire

Im not sure. Haven't bought anything yet. Veggin with an old CFL atm.
HLGs are expensive and very hard to get in Europe. I have read some "Chinese HLGs" with the same Samsung diodes should be cheap. Wouldn't surprise me at all

BloodShot

BloodShot

I purchased mine here and I am happy and had great fast delivery, I promise this is the last time I'll put up this link...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Then again, I have just been offered a HLG 550v2 rspec, the red one. But it's double the price compared to the 2x Mars sp250.

But again, newest tech. Is it wort it for 4x4?
550 would be great for 4x4 but honestly. This light is much cheaper and even more ppfd. It comes with a dimmer so you can use it from 60w to about 620w and is a top of the line light imo. The same manufacturer, the difference is the 550 your paying more because the light has been certified and that costs money.

International check here.

I did find a 600 kit in the UK some time ago I just can't for the life of me remember where

Last edited:
Homegrown365

Homegrown365

Personally, if one can afford the newer tech to grow, by all means LED COBS, QBs, Pucks are the way to go. Definitely pays off from beginning to end. You'll be amazed at results and savings. I'm a DIYer, but were I to buy a rig...GrowMau5/Chilled got my attention. I run 400watts COBs covering a 3x3 tray w/great results. And, 600watts COBs on a light mover covering my main grow area. Hope you make a good choice. Cheers.

IMG 4819
IMG 4823
IMG 4906
IMG 4971
IMG 4980
IMG 5002
IMG 5004
Top Bottom