Light For Veg Tent?

• Thread starter Funkadelic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I run 6x 600w total, 3x mh, 3x hps. All are air cooled big kahuna hoods, all have a 18" fan blowing under the glass to dissipate the heat. Been doing this for about 4 yrs. I pull huge yeilds, +1gpw every harvest. What your doing is blowing that hot pocket of air between your tops and glass.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Another factor you need to consider with a tent or groom. With your ventilation it is also difficult to maintain your Rh levels as with hotter lighting you ventilation will be running a lot and sucking all the moisture out of your tent.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I veg with T=5's all the time. I found much tighter node spacing. Not to mention cost savings rather than using MH......I run them 4" off the canopy. I dont use a tent I have a free bedroom I use and have some t5 light stands that are adjustable. Ventilation is done via a small oscillating fan blowing back and forth across the canopy.

I left vegging with hps or MH a long time ago. Works great for me.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I veg with T=5's all the time. I found much tighter node spacing. Not to mention cost savings rather than using MH......I run them 4" off the canopy. I dont use a tent I have a free bedroom I use and have some t5 light stands that are adjustable. Ventilation is done via a small oscillating fan blowing back and forth across the canopy.

I left vegging with hps or MH a long time ago. Works great for me.
Well my 12 bulb t5 runs at 650 watt with all the bulbs. So I save money running a 400w mh. Or better results with the 600w mh. But t5 definitely is the shit. Not knocking it. The bulbs get expencive too. Especially the pure par, and super veg bulbs from agro. Along with the super bloom I think it was called. They really performed better. Me and a buddy were running the exact same light seed to harvest, and switched bulbs out for different phases of the grow. Getting 250g max off of them. Gpw isn't great but they def have their place.

It's just a Bitch to keep them cool.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Here's these cool ass agromax bulbs I really liked em. You can check em out I ended up running 4red 4blue 4green. with 3 extra red in full bloom.
Received 10204711202455049

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

It is my opinion that you are focusing on the wrong thing... Raise your humidity, and cool your tent better.
Keep your current lights.
Ken you were right. Thank you. Put a HyperFan on a speed controller at the top of the tent. Rather quiet. Heat now TOTALLY controlled. Already had the parts. Can now run BOTH banks of T5's *and* 400w blue MH ... No problem whatsoever. Heat totally under control! 80°F in summer! Didn't need a lot of ducting either. So happy with result. Thank you. You were right.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

I'm going to recant my recommendation of that thing. I had an equivalent one that measures and controls rh and it shit out on me after a week. Probably better to spend the money on a Titan controls equivalent.

SilentL

SilentL

Which spectrum is best for just veg? Blue? I will replace my dead bulbs with these when the time comes. Very pretty and nice spectrum.
Best for veg. My Opinion;
MH :Larger Area MH it is much Blue so I guess this is one of the best compared to other.
Also very good: LED , I havent use led's so long a year, didn't want to change and this commercial that 200w can replace 600 HID made me suspecius against LED companies. I could se others Flowering in the beginning.
Enough about that , LED is very good for the roots ( my opinion ). Depends on money of course.
For clones I use cfl a short time. Until rooting .
I use some LED spots 4w - 20w. From blue/red or/and 2700k white ledbulb ( it is better with cold white 6500k but is still tricky to find, without a hole in my wallet. , ordinary white ledbulb 12w works fine besides LED spots.. The bigger spots "Fullspectrum"
Of course T5 works fine . Some also sell 8000k - white for veg/clones or higher .
Conclusion : Use what you like best in veg....That advice is good that one no don't want to , and so on...

Last edited:
SilentL

SilentL

Later I will probably take out most of spots and bulbs and use them as extra when/where needed. I buy a led and use veg mode. 100-200 real watts when fullspectrum then use veg. Clones seedlings cfl/LED .
Thats my choise.

Top Bottom