Light glowing orange this morning?

• Thread starter scrapiron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

scrapiron

Mornin all! I went out to check the garden this morning, and my 1000w HPS light was just glowing orange. Kinda like on start-up. Last month I put a new bulb, ignitor and capacitor in, so I am good as far as that goes.
Any ideas? The only thing I could think of is mabey the power went out for a second? I know you cant refire the ballast (mag) for like 10 minutes after operation.... Does this sound right? If you turn off a mag ballast and turn it right back on, what would happen? Another thing, I know it ran all night because of the temp in the room. So this just happened this morning. It is 8am now and it goes off at 9am, so the girlz will have an extra hour of dark today...no biggie. I just hope it comes on tonight at 9.

K

Kpezzy

you better try it half way through the day so that if it doesn't work you will have time to act, instead of waiting till lights on and finding out it doesn't work and then all the stores are closed and stuff

G

Gro

if it fired to full intensity after the glow,no problem.you most likely had an outage.using a 15 minute on-delay will protect the life and intensity of your bulb/bulbs.

S

scrapiron

Well it ran 12 hours last night, no probs. Thanks for the input.

Top Bottom