light green hash from bubble bags?

• Thread starter joker0077
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

joker0077

ok got a problem i cant correct, hope someone can help...
when I 1st started using my 3 bag kit i got great finished product.Full Melt, blackish, and kinda like playdo.
But now i keep getting a light green color and hardish, not blackish and plyable. got a new work bag so it not damaged.last night tryd mixing by hand and thats a bitch...always used a drill/paint mixer or kitchen mixer. so not mixing to much... anyone got an idea to help

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
He's a joker. I think he's mixing too much, but that's just my opinion.

kootenainatural

kootenainatural

Savage
Supporter
i do a slow stir by hand for 30 minutes and i do my best not to tear any plant mater the tools you used above (drill/paint mixer or kitchen mixer)even the slow spin on these will tear the plant up and in turn will creat small green particals that will ruin the taste and look of your hash we are just trying to break crystals away from the plant you dont need to be very aggresive to acomplish that the slow hand is the best hand hope this helps

Blaze

Blaze

It's either that or the material is over dried or has been pulverized. Over dry material tends to break into little tiny pieces, forming a dust of sorts, which is then small enough to pass through the screens and contaminate the hash.

J

joker0077

sorry to make 2 threads, didnt think the 1st went on.im using 220 work screen, 73 and 25 micron. Got a new work screen so thats not damaged, trim is fresh and frozen, mixed for 5 minutes with kitchen mixer.tons of ice

M

madcease

i had the same problem only i think i went a bit to hard with the paint mixer.
was aggitating really bad the leaf wasnt that dry but was dry enough to use.
is it betttter to use fresh damp leaf?

im thinking i miced it way to long.
whats the max speed you think and for how long to get a brown product
that green doesnt look nice

M

madcease

Thanks you got a link of a good procedure mate
It works but so must be some resin in this dark light green stuff

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
i had the same problem only i think i went a bit to hard with the paint mixer.
was aggitating really bad the leaf wasnt that dry but was dry enough to use.
is it betttter to use fresh damp leaf?

im thinking i miced it way to long.
whats the max speed you think and for how long to get a brown product
that green doesnt look nice
Don't use a paint mixer, for one thing. It is better to use fresh frozen leaves, but dried can be used as long as you're GENTLE. Did you freeze the trim before processing? If not, do so, good long time, and be gentle in handling.

Do the agitation by hand with something like a long wooden spoon, 5-8 minutes. Rinse well and repeat.

Before that, go find Blaze's thread, I tell you what that guy makes the BEST fucking hash! We spent Friday night and Saturday morning smoking hash patties. His hash is like Silly Putty, never dries out or gets crumbly, always BUBBLES, and when it does it looks like caramel.

Whippleschnitz

Whippleschnitz

The addition of a bag in the 120 range should keep any plant matter out of your 73 bag. I often end up with lots of really dry trim so the extract pulled from the 120 bag is full of plant matter that makes it through the work bag. The extract you pull from the bags after that should be pretty free of green matter.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
As Whippleschnitz said, add at least one more bag to the program.

Every form of starting material- wet, dried, pulverized- all come out with different consistency, and no matter what my 160 bag always has green material in it. Also, the addition of 160 and 120 make all grades below far superior with regard to the oily/bubbling aspect. 120 will sometimes gather oily melting heads, depending on the strain

For me personally, anything above 100 is generally put toward my edible work, as most people prefer to see their hash bubble

Latest posts

Top Bottom