Light, heat, feed? Help pls!

• Thread starter mkono87
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mkono87

mkono87

Hey this is my first grow. I'd say overall pretty weIl but with one concern. I have two blue dream and one GSC and the biggest one is a blue dream. This one I'm worried about with its leaves looking curled. I'm using a 600hps for flower at 24". My growing medium is sunshine mix 4 and using GP duel fuel nutes. Temps are usually low 70s and rh in the mid 50s. GSC has been happy the entire grow and the other blue dream doesn't look as cranky.
It's odd they have always looked a nice healthy green and no spots to be seen so I'm stumped. I changed my camera color temp so it easier to see as looking under and hps sucks.

Light heat feed help pls
Light heat feed help pls 2
Light heat feed help pls 3
Light heat feed help pls 4
Light heat feed help pls 5
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hey this is my first grow. I'd say overall pretty weIl but with one concern. I have two blue dream and one GSC and the biggest one is a blue dream. This one I'm worried about with its leaves looking curled. I'm using a 600hps for flower at 24". My growing medium is sunshine mix 4 and using GP duel fuel nutes. Temps are usually low 70s and rh in the mid 50s. GSC has been happy the entire grow and the other blue dream doesn't look as cranky.
It's odd they have always looked a nice healthy green and no spots to be seen so I'm stumped. I changed my camera color temp so it easier to see as looking under and hps sucks.
new growth is okay,old growth has got hot,so im say the feed is off,pic the whole plant would help a little
also sunshine mix is coco right

mkono87

mkono87

new growth is okay,old growth has got hot,so im say the feed is off,pic the whole plant would help a little
also sunshine mix is coco right
Best I can do right now is about ago after cleaning the underside.

IMG 20200117 205655 1
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Best I can do right now is about ago after cleaning the underside.
ya you got something going on there,what are your ph and ppm reading in your runoff?what are the readings going into the pots also?are you trying to feed boasters?are you running that heater loghts on ,and when lights out is it pointing direct on the plants

mkono87

mkono87

I have been watering at 5.7 last few waterings. I need to buy a bottle of ph up as in the early age I was able to water at 6.2ish. That is not a heater, it's a fan I have bringing in cold air through the plants underside. I have a small fan blowing a bit between the canopy and light. I feel like that last time I fed I watered too soon however I have had this issue even in veg. Right now a day 7 of flower.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I have been watering at 5.7 last few waterings. I need to buy a bottle of ph up as in the early age I was able to water at 6.2ish. That is not a heater, it's a fan I have bringing in cold air through the plants underside. I have a small fan blowing a bit between the canopy and light. I feel like that last time I fed I watered too soon however I have had this issue even in veg. Right now a day 7 of flower.
id bring it up to 6.2 just me feed around 750ppm,how often are you feeding those,mine was 3 times a day in 1 gal pots,easier to exchange there feed and air in smaller pots

mkono87

mkono87

id bring it up to 6.2 just me feed around 750ppm,how often are you feeding those,mine was 3 times a day in 1 gal pots,easier to exchange there feed and air in smaller pots
3 times a day??? I'm in 5gal pots and water/feed every 4 days or so.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Close.... Peat. Sunshine mix 4
thats what i mean about the big pots,so it like pro mix ,when i used the pro mix in 5 gal buckets i was still watering to a runoff every day,then checking my runoff,have you recently checked the runoff? every 4 days im thinking salt would be a issue

mkono87

mkono87

thats what i mean about the big pots,so it like pro mix ,when i used the pro mix in 5 gal buckets i was still watering to a runoff every day,then checking my runoff,have you recently checked the runoff? every 4 days im thinking salt would be a issue
Def stains on the bottom of the pots. I water when it's almost dry.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Def stains on the bottom of the pots. I water when it's almost dry.
when do you water again?
when you do check ph and ppm coming out the pot
you just flipped you should have fixed this already,but it is what it is,im thinking your not exchanging your air and nutes enough,just my opinion,
but using peat im hook you up with the pro mix man @Jimster this guy got it wired and has it down to art

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

my first defense would be check those numbers of runoff,if they arent close to what im putting in ,i would flush the peat to it does are almost the same in and out,then i would feed at the right ppm level for stage of plant should be around 750 ph 6.2 to 6.5.
here is a tip for you ,you didnt say,so when you use soil or a soiless mix,put flat rocks in the bottom of your bags pots are what not,doing this lets all water runoff and the mix isnt sitting in moisture ,allowing the mix to drain and therefore easier to tell when you need to feed,and prevent some bugs.
but looking at your over all pic of the plants and way there sitting you can see the ring around the room were your yellowing and it working towards the center of the garden

mkono87

mkono87

when do you water again?
when you do check ph and ppm coming out the pot
you just flipped you should have fixed this already,but it is what it is,im thinking your not exchanging your air and nutes enough,just my opinion,
but using peat im hook you up with the pro mix man @Jimster this guy got it wired and has it down to art
I'm going buy another fan to help circulation and and get those leaves moving more. Also move the light up to 27" to help recover. Of course il raise my ph.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

you want the leaves to just baerly move nothing drastic,just a slight movement,were you want good movement is on the bottom of plant were air goes threw the canopy and then you want good air movement above the canopy between light and canopy,so a slight shake on leaves but a vortec effect for the rest of room

mkono87

mkono87

you want the leaves to just baerly move nothing drastic,just a slight movement,were you want good movement is on the bottom of plant were air goes threw the canopy and then you want good air movement above the canopy between light and canopy,so a slight shake on leaves but a vortec effect for the rest of room
Which is what the leafs are doing now. Actually, here is a gif from not to long ago. It kinda shows my setup. I only have 1 small fan on top and and a small on bring air inside through the bottom. Air being sucked out through the light dome. Here is a gif from a few days back. Kinda shows what im working with.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Which is what the leafs are doing now. Actually, here is a gif from not to long ago. It kinda shows my setup. I only have 1 small fan on top and and a small on bring air inside through the bottom. Air being sucked out through the light dome. Here is a gif from a few days back. Kinda shows what im working with.
thats what you want ,just a tad more wouldnt hurt.
what pisses me off is that crook on the fan were it want stick straight out were you can swing it across the top of canopy,then the bigger fans are to much hahah

mkono87

mkono87

Lol, so il place one at the bottom left side of the plants pointing 45deg at the wall that should then create a a nice circulation.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Lol, so il place one at the bottom left side of the plants pointing 45deg at the wall that should then create a a nice circulation.
what id do is point like you said but create a vortec effect in there,that way it take it out your filters

Top Bottom