Light hight for seedlings and it's affect on growth

• Thread starter JonathonStrange
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JonathonStrange

In my imaginary garden I am running a 250w hps under a bat wing relector I have a seven inch portable fan on high that runs constantly across their tops to help with heat disapation. I general have the light set btween 19 to 23 inches dependent on the ambient temprature. I use my hand at canapy level to be the final judge til I reach and move it up or down.
I guess the question is there an optimal level to have it.
I saw some beutiful picture of a strain I'm working. I believe at two to three weeks he had a stout little plant with a lot of vertical shoots. I no has applied no supliments to the plant.
Is this do to proper lighting or other factors in my control.
Ventalation is very difficult small space 3x3 and I cannot do any drilling into walls or sealing. But I do have a system where can release excesss heat. Picking up a thermometer so I can realy know what's going on.
First grow.

Thanks for all your input
JS

darkmatter

darkmatter

no big deal what happens when seeds didnt cost, plant a bunch and let them live or die, when they are 100 plus pack i do it the same way only i worry more and it hurts a tad,so to stop this i use a t5 first week or two, the room temp is a biggy and water to much and this and that and you is fucked.too far away for starters,with a 250 for seed germ i would put sandwich bags/dope bags over beer cups till they sprout and i would keep it at least 3foot away for days then go into a normal height like 2 foot after there bigger youll see with out much harm when your to close.i keep my lights at the edge of too close with a nice breeze past the bulb.some seeds under hids just stretch no matter how your light is,the ones that behave move to the next round,i couldnt put holes in my walls,but i deed it anyway with a razorblade and a four or 6 inch circle drawn, is easy to do and to fix, even bigger ones,i put a 8''er and slap a poster over when need be.you can also build a wall at your entance and put vents at the top and bottom and a service door with the right cfm fans and that could fix a few problems will add some sound but would be more growroomey

Top Bottom