Light intensity during flush.

• Thread starter PurSaveer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PurSaveer

Hey all, Spider Farmer LED newbie here. I'm about to start to flush. I'd like the temperature to be less, and I need a light somewhere else. I've got 2 SF-4000s and a SF-2000 in a 4 1/2' X 9' area , and 16 days to go. My thinking is that in the last stage of flower, it's better to have lower temps, but also the need for intense light would be much less too, just like in nature. My thinking is to remove the SF-2000 from the middle, and reposition the larger lights. I'm thinking to raise them up too. I wonder if it is customary to raise them up during flush? Thanks for any tips or links :)

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Hey all, Spider Farmer LED newbie here. I'm about to start to flush. I'd like the temperature to be less, and I need a light somewhere else. I've got 2 SF-4000s and a SF-2000 in a 4 1/2' X 9' area , and 16 days to go. My thinking is that in the last stage of flower, it's better to have lower temps, but also the need for intense light would be much less too, just like in nature. My thinking is to remove the SF-2000 from the middle, and reposition the larger lights. I'm thinking to raise them up too. I wonder if it is customary to raise them up during flush? Thanks for any tips or links :)
The verdict is out there, in our greenhouses we do lower the blue light and white light intensity by half last 2 weeks but we also don’t flush, our media is like coco and doesn’t require flush. Maybe other will chime in brother

P

PurSaveer

Thanks Jack og.
I use soilless mix with some perlite, and General Hydroponics 'Flora Nova', and CalMag. In my last grow, I used the 600W vertical HPS on one side, and the Spider Farmer SF-4000 on the other. The SF side ripened about a week faster. The weed from both sides seemed to us to be more potent. The flavor was milder than before, with almost no kush taste. The SF side yielded much more than the HPS side.

In the past, I've always flowered with HPS, and I used the old Homegrown Hydroponics 'six pack'. For flower, actually a '5 pack'. As soon as I switched to LED, I got deficiencies. I switched Flora Nova and got immediate improvement. Now, I'm hoping that the taste will be more kushy, like the good old days when the harvests sucked, but the taste was good to great :)

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Yes I’ve just noticed in my solo cup grow which is in week 10 to 11 some leaf curling and toco like so I lowered the light to 75 % VA 600 Viparspectra and saw a change in the leaf straight away next day , also noticed my VPD was better at 75% and leaf temp was down from 21 deg c to 19 deg c . I agree with the no flush of coco I use 1/4 strength nutes plus Cal / mag and go roots as my if you like to call it a flush works great .

Top Bottom