Light intensity for clones

• Thread starter Squam
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Squam

Squam

So this is my first attempt at cloning cannabis as well as my first grow so I’m learning as I go. I bought a led vivosun led light and I’m able to control the intensity of the light and I’m not sure where I should keep it it’s been 1 day since I cloned them I had it on 100% just turned in to 50% still fairly strong. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Light intensity for clones
Light intensity for clones 2
Light intensity for clones 3
Light intensity for clones 4
Light intensity for clones 5
Pileit

Pileit

We have similar setups. I would turn the light off if there is any residual light in the same room, for first 5 days or so. Then after that start at 50 percent and increase every few days.

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Shoot i wanna say its 200 to 400 par. So 25 percent and id guess maybe 12 inches from the dome. You dont need strong or much light for clones. T5s do fine for me and i hang it about 12 to 24 inches from the clones.

Then as that grow gradually increase the strength.

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Yeah i believe 300 to 400 par is mainly mother plants. 200 to 300 is clone. I use t5 florescent anyway.

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Ahh ya none of that par stuff is really necessary unless youre trying to grow some fucking fire and put the plants to maximum work. Once you dial in on that par and ppms per feed youll get some real quality.

growsince79

growsince79

Ahh ya none of that par stuff is really necessary unless youre trying to grow some fucking fire and put the plants to maximum work. Once you dial in on that par and ppms per feed youll get some real quality.
PAR and PPM have absolutely nothing to do with quality.

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Oh the amount of light and what you feed the plant has nothing to do with quality??? I must be on pluto... 🤦

dire wolf

dire wolf

So this is my first attempt at cloning cannabis as well as my first grow so I’m learning as I go. I bought a led vivosun led light and I’m able to control the intensity of the light and I’m not sure where I should keep it it’s been 1 day since I cloned them I had it on 100% just turned in to 50% still fairly strong. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Make sure you open the lid a few times a day and fan the clones , if you leave them with all that moisture on the lid , they might mildew and drop dead

dire wolf

dire wolf

Also your clones will be perfectly happy with indirect light , I'm talking practically nothing , like light coming from another room .....
They are busy stabilizing and adjusting to the job at hand growing roots .....
I find they aren't even craving light till day 8 or so

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just enough to keep em from flowering, lower the better....abient room light is plenty and I agree less than 5000 lux for sure.

Even wonder why clones go yellow? They have no roots to take up the nutrients needed for the intensity of light they have been given so they try to start taking it from the existing leaves and you get an instant N deficiency... they take longer to root and not nearly as healthy. You don't want them photosynthesizing and trying to grow foliage creating demand from a root system that isn't there.

Once you see roots light nutes and 5-10k for a week works well for me.

Top Bottom