Light/Lumen Burn? Or Deficiency? DNA Kushberry

• Thread starter rockson21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

rockson21

hey guys. I just put my girls under the 400 after about 6 weeks under a flouro (being grown out and topped a few times)

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?

These are from seed.

2. How old are your plants?

The plants were started around Sept 5

3. How tall are your plants?

They currently stand about 8-10 inches tall. I've been keeping them small under a flouro while I topped.

4. What size containers are they planted in?

3 Gallon smart pots

5. What is your soil mix?

FFOF, amended with Roots OregonismXL. about 2 tbps per 3 gallon container.

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?

I water when they need it (when they're light/dry). I use tap water that has been left out to evaporate, that has had an airstone bubbling in it.

7. What is the pH of your water?

Always in the 6-6.5 range

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?

I havent added fertilizer since the transplant in to the 3g smart pots

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?

I've used azamax as a preventative once since transplant. it was at lights out.

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")

Until 7 days ago, they were under an 2x24 inch t5. At the transplant, I moved them in to the new room and under a 400w HPS.

11. How close are your lights to the plants?

They were about 20 inches away, and after seeing what I thought may be burn developing after 2-3 days I backed the lights off to almost 30 inches from the canopy. The temperature near the canopy is normal. No radiant heat (there was some initially, hence moving the lights)

12. What size is your grow space in square feet?

They are in a 2x3 foot space.

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?

Both within the normal range.

14. What is the pH of the soil?

I have not tested run off, but I transplanted in to FFOF 7 days ago and only 6.5pH evaporated bubbled tap water has gone in since. I seriously doubt this is a pH issue.

15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?

A few ants got in the house and i saw one or two near the garden. literally just one or two. i put traps down. haven't seen any more.

16. How much experience do you have growing?

I have several successful runs under my belt, but this is a new room. I just set it up. Could this be the light burn from the first 2 or 3 days finally really manifesting itself, even though the issue has since been corrected?

the room has plenty of airflow, and there is a small fan circulating air around the canopy and upwards, which keeps the canopy area nice and cool.

WTF IS THIS? Lumen burn? light burn? magnesium deficiency? but how? it's hot soil to begin with, i've never had a deficiency from

Photo1
Photo2
Photo3
Photo4
Photo6
phenotyper

phenotyper

Looks like a PH imbalance to me. What's your runoff? What's the soil ph (can you test it)?

R

rockson21

the yellowish hue is just from crappy pictures. these plants are the normal brilliant green color, minus the abnormalities shown above.

pictures 1, 2, and 4 show the general wear on the leaves. its like the spaces between the veins of the leaves are missing a stripe of their top skin. the space between the veins is shiny/wet almost.

also, these puppies have just been watered today. plain water, 6.5-6.8 pH, and bubbled with an airstone

R

rockson21

OK. since i just watered i was able to squeeze out a few drops from the smart pot. The pH definately is not low, but i could not read it bc the water is murky. I use the dropper solution. the color changed to the green but i could not tell how dark a green.

usually i'd be concerned with a low soil pH no?

and they look overfertilized TBH, that yellow in the picture is not accurate. they are brilliant, bright, jungle-ass green, and as of a few hours ago (watered earlier in the day) the leaf tips appear to be clawing down.

could this be overdoing it with the oregonism? and if so WTF do i do?

R

rockson21

yes, the soil pH is high as hell! above 9 probably. and it's gotta be from the Oregonism. I used 2 tbsp mixed in to each 3 gal smart pot. Obviously that's not correct. How do i pull this one out? i just took a gallon of 5pH water and split it amongst the 3 for starters. the runoff is still fucked.

homebrew420

homebrew420

Just flush a few more times with pH adjusted water. I will correct itself. I seem to have this same leaf curl that appears in the picts posted. I believe mine to be a different issue possibly

R

rockson21

Ok. I ran some 5.0 water through there and tried to forget about it over night. They seem to be on the road to recovery this morning. (They look better and not worse).

This is my current plan:

If I notice them taking a turn for the worse, I will give a light flush at the next watering with 6pH (probably another 5 days).

If they continue to hold steady, I will water as usual, probably running a bit extra through there.

sebastien420

sebastien420

i've come to learn from the old timers with wisdom... that less is more sometimes.

Top Bottom