Light mover vs moving plants by hand

• Thread starter Lovecraft
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lovecraft

Might seem like a stupid question to some, to others, what do you think?

I will be moving each plant twice daily. With a mover I know that the plants spend less time in optimal and suboptimal light-coverage, and with moving them by had they spend more time in optimal and sub-optimal light coverage. I Will be vegging 24/0, so instead of 6 hours in darkness they will have 12 hours in sub-optimal lighting. My concern is when I switch to 12/12 for flower. Will this scheme still work?

Thoughts?

I

ibTheMan

Light movers work great, if anyone tells u different there full of shit and or dont know what there talkn about. Period.

L

Lovecraft

Light movers work great, if anyone tells u different there full of shit and or dont know what there talkn about. Period.

I agree they work great but they don't fit into what I am trying to do overall in terms of cost, noise, energy consumption etc.

O

organicfreak

i agree sun moves al day long why not lights? also allows you to cover bigger area

StoneyPufnstuff

StoneyPufnstuff

light movers. Do it for a week then go get a light mover and you will agree; moving plants manually is not the way.

S

ScrOGer

light movers. Do it for a week then go get a light mover and you will agree; moving plants manually is not the way.

Mover.... get it. If the rail is installed properly, you shouldn't have a lot of noise. also the power consumption really isnt an issue. if you are close to max power load, YOU ARE ALREADY running too much.

the mover will provide an even spread of light, and will hang out on the ends for up to a minute, i believe, or more. You can specify the time spent on the end of each rail, or have it pop right back down the line. so you will have equal spread of light, UNLIKE moving manually, unless you plan to time your daily schedule around moving your plants at the exact same intervals each time.

my 2 cents :)

Top Bottom