light mover vs stationary light

• Thread starter thee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thee

thee

hello people.

been growing for about 6 yrs now, i don't currently have a grow but soon. i have an 10 x 6 room and was thinking of using a light mover for the 75-80 plants i plan to have. but i never used a light mover and wanted to get some feedback on it. The reason i want to use a light mover is to save on electricity but i do'nt want the yield to suffer.

so if anyone has any feedback on light movers, or a comparison of using a light mover to a stationary light please lmk.

SAMCRO

SAMCRO

To me honestly I think that size space is too small for a light mover. Your better off with a fix lighting situation. I also think your out of room too with 75 to 80 plants. Not much room for tables and if you were running tables your not going to be able to put them all in there and capitialize on their full potential of growth and flowers. They will be too crammed and will not give. Less is more sometimes. You could run a few 4X4 tables and put 12 to 16 plants per table on their with 1000 watt light above each table and get you the same or more yield as your 75 to 80 plant wish or (1) 4X8 table in their with 24-36 plants and 2 lights and do much better with less headaches and hassles. Just my thoughts.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I beleive makingoo uses a light mover and a 1k to do a 10x5 or something like that.

neverbreak

neverbreak

i agreed with samcro. he has valid points. for an area of that size, yer better off with fixed lights imo.

neverbreak

purpleberry

purpleberry

If you have somewhere to veg, id cut the numbers way down and use 7g pots on the floor, Then if you use a light mover you can go wall to wall canopy and just pull a few out to water. Run 3k on 1 mover over the 6' wide space.
Ive set up a mover and havent got to figure out for sure how much i like it. But i had a bad run with multiple problems in the begging of summer and pulled 1.75 per light. There was alot of small shit, and wasnt %100 sure if it was lack of light from the mover or heat or both. So i have a run with half the room on a mover and the other half stationary. This will give me the answers i need. Stationary side looks like thicker nugs at 3 weeks, but the side with a mover has %50 more canopy covering 4x6 per 1k . Ill come back and let you know in 6 weeks. LOL

Top Bottom