light mover/yield question?

• Thread starter UNITEDGROOVES
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

What up..
Just wondering what would be a better yielder..

Running 1x 600 on a light mover or

Running 2x 600 without a mover??

How much power does a light mover use? I'm thinking it would cost much less elect to run then running a second light? Thanks in advance.

F

Finalopagus

IMO movers make up for a loss in yield PER plant by allowing for more plants. I would always go with more lights in flower, 2 is better then 1. I now use my movers for veg, and my moms.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
(2) 600's will yield more than the single on the mover, you sacrafice a little bud density as well.

The mover will really even out the canopy and give a more consistant result plant to plant but you loose while they are sittin in the shadows..

(2) 600's on a mover over a 3x6 table, use the slave carrier and rod, cut the travel range down to about 3feet and you got the best of both worlds.

I just changed one of my veg tables from (2)400's on a mover with a short range out for a single 1k on a mover...1k= way better

Tex

F

Finalopagus

Yea I agree with TX a 1000w gives great penetration and works best on a mover...
hummm....
2 600w or a 1000w on a mover, covering the same footprint I bet you get more from the 1000w, but I never ran 600's
Any input TX...

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
If you don't need air cooled, I am really diggin my 45" Vertizontal Parabolic with a 1000w on a mover. 45"+
footprint.

My mother room has 2 goin and they are easy cheesy and low heat if you can imagine..2k over 25-30 moms in a 10x10 room.

Tex

DSCN1852
F

Finalopagus

well thats nice, I got the same 10 x 10 2000w and two 4' movers (chain drive) I need to go to the store and pick up some parabolic reflectors it seems....

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Best advice I was ever given was to take the money you'd spend on a mover and go buy another light. Have to say that after reading TK's post there could be a use for them after all. Just depends on thier application I guess. Passed my old mover on to a fellow Farmer few weeks back and have no regrets.

jj

G

Guano

I love the light coverage on my parabolic too.It seems like every plant gets equal amount of light under it.

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

thanks for the input y'all.. I'll probably pick up a light mover to have an even grow, then eventually pick up another 600. Would i be able to run both 600s air cooled on the mover,?? The room is 11x10x8/12. Also can you tell me the brand on your mover TXKID? Set up looks nice..

S

Stackin Paper

I couldn't get on with them and i had a 1000w on my mover, better off paying for the extra 200w of electric and having 2 static 600w's imo.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
You can run both 600's on the same mover no problem..

Here is my hood info

ADVANTAGES OF VERTICAL REFLECTORS:

Large size provides a wide area of coverage from low mounting heights.
Will accommodate all sizes of MH and HPS lamps.
Low mounting height reduces distance to plants and thus increases light levels.
ADVANTAGES OF HORIZONTAL REFLECTORS:

HID lamps emit light in a continuous 360° ring emanating out from the arc tube. The main reason horizontally mounted lamps perform better is because much of their light is thrown downward.

The introduction of specular pebble aluminum insert increased the light output (because of better reflectivity than powder coated steel) and evened out light patterns (because of its better diffusion qualities).
It burns MH and HPS lamps in the horizontal position but in an eight sided parabolic shaped reflector. In the horizontal burning position, much of the lamp’s light is thrown straight down and the balance of the lamp’s light which is emanating upward is re-directed back down in eight different directions simultaneously due to the unique shape of the center piece. This center is made entirely of 95% reflective German aluminum for maximum reflectivity and evenness. The Vertizontal also features our Adjust-a-Socket mechanism for horizontal and vertical lamp adjustment.

46” Diameter x 10” Deep.

US Patent No: D545485.

Fabricated and assembled in the USA with US and globally sourced parts.

Vert1
Vert2
UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

Thanks again TXKID, but I wanted the info on your light mover if possible. Peace

F

Finalopagus

there are diff companys but only two designs
chain

rollers

Top Bottom