Light movers for a 1000w hps in flower room?

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I've seen a few older threads with light movers mentioned but is there a consensus on whether they're worth using? I'm wondering I have about 3ft -4ft more space and using another light is out of the question ( cost ). The small ones I see on Amazon are new around $330Cdn and I'll shop around locally if its worth the effort....Any thoughts on this?
Light movers for a 1000w hps in flower room

pdasterly

pdasterly

i have some that was gifted to me, to me they work great but not to extend light. They are best used to eliminate hot spot and shadows, mine move about 1 ft if that

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
I use a light rail and have used them to do what pdasterly uses his for and to slightly extend coverage or when using two different types of lights like LED and CMH they can help you get plants to receive light from both lights. The 3.5 is decent but if you find a deal on the 4.0 or 4.20, get it. The 4.0 has a detachable cord which is lighter and easier to deal with and it's speed can be adjusted along with the time stop delay where as the 3.5 only has time delay and a heavy fixed cord.
If your HPS has duct work attached you'll need to get creative with it, lots of fine tuning to get the duct to stretch then collapse like and accordion so it does not sag and smack into plants

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I use a light rail and have used them to do what pdasterly uses his for and to slightly extend coverage or when using two different types of lights like LED and CMH they can help you get plants to receive light from both lights. The 3.5 is decent but if you find a deal on the 4.0 or 4.20, get it. The 4.0 has a detachable cord which is lighter and easier to deal with and it's speed can be adjusted along with the time stop delay where as the 3.5 only has time delay and a heavy fixed cord.
If your HPS has duct work attached you'll need to get creative with it, lots of fine tuning to get the duct to stretch then collapse like and accordion so it does not sag and smack into plants
No duct work the light hangs vertically with an umbrella reflector. I wouldn't have any obstructions and I have lots of head space. I spin my plants 1/4 turn daily but now I have a 5ft circle of light call it 5x5 I thought I could use the mover to give me a 5x8 oval allowing more light on both ends....I had a buddy...that used one 25 years ago. Just a brain fart wondering if I found one at a deal I should pick one up.

Top Bottom