Light or No-Light

• Thread starter madhatter201
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

madhatter201

Ok....I've been looking at different forums on different sites and can't get one straight answer. I've heard that lowryder should be in 18/6 light and others say 24hours. Can anyone give me a straight answer. I plan on growing indoors for the first couple weeks then outdoors. Is that smart?:animbong:

MeJuana

MeJuana

Are you referring to auto flowering strains? Or just Lowryder in general. If in general I can answer but I don't do auto flowering stuff.

If you are asking which is better to veg 18/6 or 24/0 this is one of those ford/chevy questions. I believe plants need a clear cycle observing a dark period. That is my personal beliefs without scientific foundation because it just isn't that important. 24/0 and 18/6 veg light are both used and found to work well. Now I read they did a study and the plants with 18/6 had longer roots, but lacking the ability to link that study and the will to argue because it really isn't that important, I say try both and find what you like

P.S. And I am not referring to Lowryder in specific but MJ

G

greenthumb

lots of people say that autoflower strains do better with 20/4

F

farmerjohn

:anim_30:It's another one of those questions that gets asked periodically & answered with several different opinions each time it comes up. My opinion is whatever works for you, should work well for the plants. Keeping in mind these autoflowers need plenty of light & don't care how much of it there is when they flower. So @ least 18/6, which is what many say is the maximum amount of light time cannabis can use to its maximum potential. But that is another point of differing opinion. Experiment with different light time amounts as you grow the strain, keep notes & compare. Perhaps they will respond well to even more light time. If your plan is to start them inside & put them outside, you might want to run 24 on, just in case it makes 'em grow bigger, quicker. Not sure it does, but I doubt it will hurt them either. When you transplant or move them outside, the plants will be faced with quickly reducing day lengths, which will probably further limit the size they achieve. Being a short, quick to mature & flower strain means they don't get too big anyway. Expect small yields under the best of conditions & also expect reduced potency, compared to the heavyweights like White Widow, et al. There are many new strains of autoflowerers now coming onto the market that address these two concerns, but I have no experience with how well they have been able to solve the problems.:icon_spin:

A

AM to PM

There was another thread in this forum a few months back debating the whole 18/6, 20/4, 24/0 thing.

It's not opinion or Ford vs. Chevy anymore if I remember correctly.

M

madhatter201

Thanks to all, I will have to see what works best. Iwill try to keep a journal and take pics each week. Thank you again.

MeJuana

MeJuana

Cool I will check it out you can't just give me the answer eh? lol should work a little i guess

R

rebelmachine

24 hours of light is to much! Everything needs a bit of rest! I have found great success with autos running 20/4.
Hope this helps!

Rebel

F

farmerjohn

There is a sub-forum in the Grow Diaries section called Auto-Flowering strains, mad. My guess is there is much information there that would prove to be extremely helpful to anyone growing a ruderalis cross. If I were actually growing one @ this time, I would have scoured that section for hints, suggestions & tips, while my seeds were incubating!

A

AM to PM

Each strain will have its nuances and differences in what light it prefers, but 24/0, in general, is the clear winner.

Top Bottom