Light Penetration

• Thread starter dilligaf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dilligaf

dilligaf

I see a lot of pics of other peoples grows where the plants are all crowded together in a tent...leaves overlapping plants next to them.

Is that advisable..i mean there is a canopy up high that light cant penetrate..and i know buds want to form below the canopy.

I try to spread mine more and if i dont rotate them some the buds on the side with weaker light are so small.

Am i missing something important here..whats the real deal here.

D

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I see a lot of pics of other peoples grows where the plants are all crowded together in a tent...leaves overlapping plants next to them.

Is that advisable..i mean there is a canopy up high that light cant penetrate..and i know buds want to form below the canopy.

I try to spread mine more and if i dont rotate them some the buds on the side with weaker light are so small.

Am i missing something important here..whats the real deal here.

D
Ya lollipopping....

dilligaf

dilligaf

Do they just forget about the lower buds then...is the yeild better crowded together with just colas over spread out for lower buds

D

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I've had 3 successfully mainlined grows so far. I started with 4 plants 4 cola's each. I figured more light=more yield.

Was a small yield lol. 4 plants were slightly more yield than my 1st single.

Next round I had 4 plants with 8 cola's each. I left room for light and it was my best yield yet.

This round I focused on maxing out my space with as many tops as I could stuff together in my 2x2 space.

I wanted to see until what point the yield trend continues upward.

As of now I feel this will be my best yield to date. I think cramming them together and counting on the canopy to produce buds is your best bet. It receives the highest light density& intensity all being up top.

Now I also expect the light to penetrate about 10" through the canopy to grow buds. Lately it's been closer to "12-"15 penetration in prior grows.

With the thicker canopy this round it may be closer to "10 of light penetration. I go visually by the lowest point on the plant that quality buds develop.

dilligaf

dilligaf

Great pics...thanks
Got to scrape together enough to get new bulbs for next run..since work slowed down at end of October i can only plan and research for next grow.
You must veg 3 months to trim and get that many colas.
Whatever way i do my soil and nutes i will definitely try this..
Been doing organic soil but friend wants me to try coco coir and general organics nutes.
I have 5x5 area but only 400 watts..not saying i use all the space..i keep them close to center under light..many thanks good people.

D

Top Bottom