Light Placement

• Thread starter Ladyv
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ladyv

Ladyv

Hoped to find my answer in the GrowFAQs, but the link seems to be dead :-(

I've only ever run rows with 4' OD trays and a single 1k above each. I've never had to design a space - I need help with lighting placement.

New room - 14'9" X 18
Sealed with a pair of 2 ton Fujitsu mini splits. Co2 and all the other bells and whistles.

Air intake and exhaust for cooling lights on each of the short walls. 2 8" cool air intakes each feeding a 945 CFM fan to blow through each row of 4 lights.

3 - 4 X 8 ID tables side by side in Fastfit stands. When pushed together, the trays and stands come to 103" long x 159" wide. The tables have 22" to the wall on 3 sides for walk around access, and around 46" or so to one of the long walls at one end for a working area & equip. They are on wheels so I can push them apart to groom in the center.

I have 8 1k lights in Evolution A/C reflectors, and 2 600 watt bare vert MH's.

I'd like to run the a/c lights in two rows over the tables to accommodate the rooms existing 2 8" air intakes and 2 8" exhaust ports for hoods so it's a straight shot in, through, and out for each row. This means the in and out of the lights will run parallel to the long walls. For my rows of 4, do I place the first and last in line closer to the edges of the trays, or just an evenly spaced amount across the area?

Thanks for any/all help!!

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

Lost me in the details, but I would try to find out what light footprint I had, and then the answer to your question is that. basically whatever gets the plants as close to the lights with out adversely affecting them ie... burning the leaves, light stress etc...

Ladyv

Ladyv

lol, while searching, it seemed every thread I've read people asked the OP for more info...

I understand about the distance between bulb and canopy - I'm trying to figure out the actual layout so I can get my 2x4's nailed up! Thanks for trying!

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

I am just trying to get a mental picture, do you have pictures? it might help.

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

So I read that about 10 times and I'm still a little unclear lol..

So 2 rows of Evos over 3 tables wide.. Right? I can help I just need to be clear what I'm helping with ;)

Ladyv

Ladyv

YES!

3 4x8 trays pushed together in the middle of the room. Like this

||| and the lights go ====

I can walk all the way around.

Ladyv

Ladyv

LMAO - this is Venus and Mars at it's finest! ;-)

Ok, the center table isn't assembled yet, but the table spacing is just as if it were there.
CAM00140

As we are looking at the photo, 2 rows of Evo's each row 4 deep.

O

oregonmellow

1k lights produce a lighted square about 4.5ft x 4.5ft with that in mind you could lay that "grid" down and place your tables in that grid,Peace.

Ladyv

Ladyv

I got it figured out today, thanks to all who offered help!

Top Bottom