Light question during dark cycle

• Thread starter tonyl50
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tonyl50

I don't know if I blew it, but maybe some of you have the difinitive answer on a short burst of light from a 60 watt std light bulb in my bloom room. Plants have been in flowering at different stages from 1-5 weeks. I accidentally turned on the light during the dark cycle (there was a std bulb in the room, that went on when I turn the garage lights on) (room is a light tight room withing the garage). It went on for only 1-2 seconds before I turned it off. Will this affect the plants for that short of a time? How long must a light or light leak be on for to have the plants hermie?

Love this sight and all the great people on it.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It will only be a problem if the lines you're running are prone to hermaphrodism. That said, even in that scenario I seriously doubt that a single 1-2 second burst of light could trigger a hormonal response such that they could hermie.

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

You should be fine,just don't make it a habit!!If you left it on for an extended period of time,then I would worry.

T

tonyl50

Thanks for the reply's

Thanks for the info. I can sleep easier tonight! You all are great, and I just love this site. Real growers, experienced, and willing to share their knowlege. What can I say - this site is the best for growers!

Thanks again!

J

johard59

Yeah i dont think that it will make big problem for you it would have created problem if you have done it for more then a min you think that you are luckiest person that it had not crossed 2 sec.

supercharged

supercharged

my timer fucked up once an ma light came on for a random hour once and ma girls were unaffected bro so am sure u will b fine!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom