Light Question

• Thread starter tortuga1503
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tortuga1503

tortuga1503

Hey Farmers I just bought 2 1000 watt digital quantums. I`m running 4 600 watters over a 6x8 grow area. I have a 4x8 tray but 2 feet of it I`m not using because I only have 600`s until today. My question is: I just started my 7th week of bloom a couple of days ago. Should I just finish the run with my 6`s and keep the bulbs brand new or should I drop the 1k`s tonight and If I do drop them will it help my yield? please gimmie your opinion. Needless to say I`m stoked to running the 1k digi`s hopefully I can get 4 xxxl magnums before the next start.

G

Green Supreme

Yes use the 1000's as more is better, but only if you can install them without getting sawdust etc. on your nugs. Peace GS

M

m3mikec

Agree with GS, are you going to use dual arcs with the 1000's? Cheers m3

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

No not yet. I just got a couple of sunmasters. Are the dual arc bulbs better? I veg under t5`s. Im sorry I really don`t know shit about them. Should I get them when I change my bulbs and how often should I swap out a 1000 watt hps?

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

GS I just have to swap out the ballast and bulbs so pretty easy If I didn

M

Mr.Detroit

Make sure you drop those 1000w quantum's on a 240v circuit with a clip fan blowing over them or your gonna be crying later... my grow shop guy hates me now I have already had to bring 3 of them back... Final conclusion was that 120v they get way to hot cuz they are pulling 9 amps as opposed to the 4 amps they pull on 240v. Also remember there is a fuse right at the power cord socket on the ballast you gotta pop the little tab to get them out... they come with a spare just incase you need to use them if your ballast ever frys one that way you don't have to go all night without a light. And if your cooling fans on the ballast ever go out the clip on should do just make sure you do a daily check. If you ever hear something that sounds like a jet starting up screaming from your basement just know its the cooling fans going out on your $400 quantum ballast made in china.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Good points, Mr. D, in fact, I can't imagine running a single thouie on 120, 240 only. It's what we rigged for my 600Wrs.

I have a Quantum digi and, lemme tell ya, the thing is built like a tank and can take quite a drop, never misses a beat.

L

launchpad

Take steps and take care

I totally agree w/ Mr D regarding the 240. It is very helpful to do all the basic wiring correct upfront. The 1ks will be much better, ensure you have some good ventilation and air flow!

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

Thanks everyone Ya I dropped them and yes 240 is the way to go. I`ve been running my 600`s on 240 through a M.L.C. The plants responded right away to the 1k`s or maybe its the MOAB. Foxtails everywhere hmm.

Top Bottom