light rails for mothers?

• Thread starter slumdog80
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
slumdog80

slumdog80

I am in the planning stages of a new mother room. I was hoping someone with light rail experience
could confirm my idea that I could properly light 24 mothers with two 1k's, on six foot light rails, in
a 8x6 space. Any feed back, insight or advice would be highly appreciated. Thank you farmers.

washburn4life

washburn4life

yes it sounds like it will work fine

never used a light mover though I got one once and was broken new in box...

I think vented hoods are much bett
er

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Yep you'll be ok
I did a 400 watt over a 6x4 area
Unless your really trying to crank out clones you can prob get away with one light

B

bobbybrown

The key will be the distance between your canopy and lamps. You really need to hit the sweet spot for distance because the plants receive less overall intensity for shorter durations of time. But I'd imagine that if you did hit the sweet spot, it could actually help the plants grow faster because you're eliminating a bunch of shaded areas and the canopy will stay more cool. Your outcomes will be determined by the amount of lighting overlap (cross lighting) and distance between canopy and lamps. You will have more success if you're running more than 1 fixture.

Your ability to raise and lower your lights is critical here because it determines how often your lights get raised or lowered. If it's a pain in the ass, you'll probably do it less frequently.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Bobby knows a thing or two about light movers. I'm with him; keep the light running closer top the top of the canopy and move it up to keep it all placed.

slumdog80

slumdog80

The key will be the distance between your canopy and lamps. You really need to hit the sweet spot for distance because the plants receive less overall intensity for shorter durations of time. But I'd imagine that if you did hit the sweet spot, it could actually help the plants grow faster because you're eliminating a bunch of shaded areas and the canopy will stay more cool. Your outcomes will be determined by the amount of lighting overlap (cross lighting) and distance between canopy and lamps. You will have more success if you're running more than 1 fixture.

Your ability to raise and lower your lights is critical here because it determines how often your lights get raised or lowered. If it's a pain in the ass, you'll probably do it less frequently.

I will be living at that spot and be able to move them every day. Thanks for the tips and confidence, really appreciate it.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I use a light rail in my mom room and have been for a couple years. I run a 600 over a 4x6 and it works great. Helps keep the Mom's growing slow and that's what I want. About the best use of a light rail as you can get.

Top Bottom