Light setup for 5x5 room, Whats your input?!

• Thread starter Going4Green
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Witch light setup would you want in a 5x5 room?

• 2 - 1000s

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • 4 - 600s

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • 6 - 400s

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Masterblasters are expensive but much cheaper then buying 4 ballats, 4 hoods and 4 bulbs ...

G

Going4Green

Checking out the master blaster, the only of its kind. Was not to sure how the 1500 worked but now i see its just one bulb. At first i thought it was two bulbs.

Only problem i see with the Blaster is even light coverage in the room, The plants directly under the light setup will be great, but my side, and corner plants will come up weak. That's one of the reason why i was looking into lower wattage setups so i can have even light spread in the room over the plants.

Heat Issue
Talking with Boomer on this site his Dad is a HVAC contractor, we were talking about heat, light wattage and ac(btu). His recommendation was to have 5000btus for each 1000 watt light. So if i ran the 2 - 1000 watts i am still good with my AC(1400btu), even if i went with the 600 or 400s that's still only 2400watts so yea. I don't think heat will be to much of a issue, also running CO2 so even with a little heat in the room it will be all beneficial for the plants and environment. Another thing is the ballast will be out of the room and they don't make much heat anyways.

Appreciate all the feedback !!

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Checking out the master blaster, the only of its kind. Was not to sure how the 1500 worked but now i see its just one bulb. At first i thought it was two bulbs.

Only problem i see with the Blaster is even light coverage in the room, The plants directly under the light setup will be great, but my side, and corner plants will come up weak. That's one of the reason why i was looking into lower wattage setups so i can have even light spread in the room over the plants.

Heat Issue
Talking with Boomer on this site his Dad is a HVAC contractor, we were talking about heat, light wattage and ac(btu). His recommendation was to have 5000btus for each 1000 watt light. So if i ran the 2 - 1000 watts i am still good with my AC(1400btu), even if i went with the 600 or 400s that's still only 2400watts so yea. I don't think heat will be to much of a issue, also running CO2 so even with a little heat in the room it will be all beneficial for the plants and environment. Another thing is the ballast will be out of the room and they don't make much heat anyways.

Not true. With a single 1000W light your sides and coerners will suffer, but with a master blaster and a magnum xxl hood you will get a good spread in your entire room. If you can keep 2-1000 cool enough then do that, but i think it will be a little overkill. My buddy has the blaster and his edges and corners have some kongs! I am speaking from hands on experience not what I "think" would be better.

If you do go with 2-1000's look into the dual bulb cool tubes. It will fit in there perfect and help keep your spot cool.They make a 48" and 60" if your room is exactly 5" wide you could put that 60" up there and not have to use any ducting just a hepa filter on one end outside the room and the fan on the other end outside the roon and have the cooltube run the whole width. That would be sick and super efficient.

B

Bobby Smith

Heat Issue

I wouldn't count on that AC being sufficient for your needs - I bought a brand new 14K portable (<70F intake temps year round) and it couldn't keep up with 4 bare bulbed 600s (so I had to buy a vertical cooltube to compensate).

Long story short, if it was my space I'd probably go with 4 400s (more even coverage); since you're asking people and it seems like you're fairly new to growing, I'm gonna agree with the consensus that simpler is better and a 1K would be perfect for your setup to get a feel for what's going on.

If you want to throw a 4' tube on each wall for perimeter lighting that'd be great, but a 1K by itself would work out for you fine.

Keep it simple for your first run, IMHO.

onextremebuzz

onextremebuzz

After 11 years you would think they would have more people with better answers but it's still the same old. I'd personally say 2 600s in air cooled hoods would be plenty sufficient for a scrog in a 5x5 as long as you can keep the temps down. 4 is insanely overkill in a 5x5

Madmax

Madmax

Yeah i was gunna say 1 600w true watt led is all you need.lighting has come along way since then...

Top Bottom