Light shock????

• Thread starter Clemons419
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Clemons419

Clemons419

I moved my clones from under regular T8 floresent to my tent 2 days ago. They were all perky,
Light shock 2
till this morning. I opened my tent to very weepy fan leaves!!?? Is this just from the change in light? There was an explosion of new growth that looks happy but the fans not so much 🤔
Light shock

Ha0be

Ha0be

My plants do that every time I take them from T-5s to LED. It takes them about a week to recover.

Clemons419

Clemons419

That makes
My plants do that every time I take them from T-5s to LED. It takes them about a week to recover.
That makes Me feel better! Phew, a lil panicked when I opened my tent lol!! Thank you!

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Light deprivation?
Going from a t-5 to led definitely lowers the type of light spectrum.
Take in the fact I’m a soil, HPS, CMH kind of guy.
Do you have the lights as close as is feasible to the plants?

Ha0be

Ha0be

Light deprivation?
Going from a t-5 to led definitely lowers the type of light spectrum.
Take in the fact I’m a soil, HPS, CMH kind of guy.
Do you have the lights as close as is feasible to the plants?
When I start new clones in LED I keep them as far as possible from the light "til they get used to it. Sort of like putting seedlings outside in semi-shade to start the hardening off.

Stev3

Stev3

I know its an old thread but wondered how'd it turn out and what it was?

Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

Sorry I don't know why I didn't post it. Yeah it looks like light shock. If your LEDs are dimmable, dim them almost nothing and then ramp them up of a series of days. A handy tool to have Is a cheap luxx meter. It's not as accurate as a para meter but it's way less expensive and it can give you a good idea on the differences in light intensity. It takes a little bit to recover, but they will.

Stev3

Stev3

Sorry I don't know why I didn't post it. Yeah it looks like light shock. If your LEDs are dimmable, dim them almost nothing and then ramp them up of a series of days. A handy tool to have Is a cheap luxx meter. It's not as accurate as a para meter but it's way less expensive and it can give you a good idea on the differences in light intensity. It takes a little bit to recover, but they will.

Thanks for the info.....Here's a useful article for this issue

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom