light spectrum

• Thread starter KrakenBudz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KrakenBudz

KrakenBudz

I have a 400w hps / 50w led 6000k/ 2 48"t8 3000k is this a good light spectrum or am I just wasting electric?
Light spectrum

Last edited:
sensicloud

sensicloud

I'd say that's very good for what you're working with. Seems like your girls love it :)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It's really hard to say without more information. It looks like you're trying to make sure you've got good light coverage over the whole area and if that's the case, then you've gotta do what you've gotta do.

KrakenBudz

KrakenBudz

It's really hard to say without more information. It looks like you're trying to make sure you've got good light coverage over the whole area and if that's the case, then you've gotta do what you've gotta do.
What would be the information you need ?
Ph stays around 6.3
Temps are low 55 -72 at most

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Well, usually for a closet-type grow a single 400W HPS is sufficient, so I'm curious as to why you added all the other light. Like I said, it looks like you're trying to get better coverage. The fluoros won't give you better canopy penetration, mostly they'll give you UV radiation. For vegging I personally use *only* T8s and some CFLs, but I have to use several to get the surface area covered well.

That's what I was getting it. But like sensi said, your girls do seem to be quite happy and vigorous. :)

KrakenBudz

KrakenBudz

Well, usually for a closet-type grow a single 400W HPS is sufficient, so I'm curious as to why you added all the other light. Like I said, it looks like you're trying to get better coverage. The fluoros won't give you better canopy penetration, mostly they'll give you UV radiation. For vegging I personally use *only* T8s and some CFLs, but I have to use several to get the surface area covered well.

That's what I was getting it. But like sensi said, your girls do seem to be quite happy and vigorous. :)

KrakenBudz

KrakenBudz

Im no professional, but I figured more side lights to fill up the plants, plus i rotate plants in and out of the t8 area every 4 days.
Thanks for the reply Seamaiden and sensi

ttystikk

ttystikk

I just answered a question suspiciously like this one in another thread. You didn't double post, did ya?

What I said there was that the t8 isn't likely to be doing you much good. The rest is fine. Plants look good so far!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
OH! He did double post and I didn't catch it! Dewd.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hee! We'll have to run him through the gauntlet, fellas!

Top Bottom